ADVERTISEMENT

A new addition to the NU defensive backfield

konaki

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
Nebraska announced the addition of former Central Florida and Florida State defensive back Brandon Moore, who played for current Husker defensive backs coach Travis Fisher in 2017 at UCF. It's a one year deal, let's hope it doesn't mess up any team chemistry. It makes me wonder if we are going to see someone leave that's on the current roster.

Nebraska announced the addition of former Central Florida and Florida State defensive back Brandon Moore, who played for current Husker defensive backs coach Travis Fisher in 2017 at UCF. It's a one year deal, let's hope it doesn't mess up any team chemistry. It makes me wonder if we are going to see someone leave that's on the current roster.
Don’t think he ever played for FSU, been in the portal since 08/2021. Would rather he not take reps from Fisher’s 2020/2021 recruits.

Good player when he was healthy. Had a good spring at FSU apparently, don't know what happened to cause him to leave FSU during fall camp last year.

I'm just wondering why we need another DB in the room unless Fisher is not happy with where our DB room stands at the moment.

A surprise for sure but I think it's all happening because of the personal connection with Coach Fish. Just really strange that it's this late. Maybe his medical condition was recently evaluated and was positive, who knows.

But I wouldn't expect much (if any) actual contribution from him given the late arrival and the already fierce competition in the secondary. This has to be Fish taking care of a personal friend.

Who was the safety Frost brought over in year 1 from UCF? I believe he worked himself into a platoon guy and provided some pretty decent leadership on the backend... maybe we're looking at the same type of sitch with Brandon?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Who was the safety Frost brought over in year 1 from UCF? I believe he worked himself into a platoon guy and provided some pretty decent leadership on the backend... maybe we're looking at the same type of sitch with Brandon?
Tre Neal

A graduate transfer from UCF who enrolled at Nebraska in August, Tre Neal was a valuable member of the Husker secondary, starting all 13 games in his lone season as a Husker. He posted 57 tackles, including a career-high-tying two tackles for loss, while forcing two fumbles, intercepting one pass and recording five pass breakups.

Tre Neal

A graduate transfer from UCF who enrolled at Nebraska in August, Tre Neal was a valuable member of the Husker secondary, starting all 13 games in his lone season as a Husker. He posted 57 tackles, including a career-high-tying two tackles for loss, while forcing two fumbles, intercepting one pass and recording five pass breakups.
Moore seems like a favor from Fisher. Probably just here to go to class and help out on the practice squad. Sounds like he just needed a change of scenery.

We were thin at safety Frost’s first year. Neal was smart but fairly average player. He has elite athleticism for a dentist.

I doubt he would add someone to the squad just as a favor. It's late but can't hurt to have someone who has shown, when healthy, that he can play.
I doubt he'll make the Ireland trip but could see him contribute later in the year.

Good hit. Nebraska would 100% be called for targeting on that play.
Beat me to it. Reminds me of the worst targeting call I've ever seen, Nate Gerry vs UCLA. My favorite thing is at 3:50, you can see the official behind Riley shaking his head with a look of disbelief.

ADVERTISEMENT