A lot of good QBs on transfer portal to replace Luke

TerranPetteway

Walk On
Mar 7, 2019
I've said this a million times, we aren't getting a good transfer QB while Martinez is still here. The top transfer QB's don't transfer to compete with returning 3 year starters.

Reactions: Reditus and newAD

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
I've said this a million times, we aren't getting a good transfer QB while Martinez is still here. The top transfer QB's don't transfer to compete with returning 3 year starters.
Well Martinez only has one year remaining. It could be a good opportunity for a younger transfer QB to come in and learn the ropes if he's willing to compete with Smothers.

Reactions: 9and4

bigboxes

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
The transfer portal has changed everything. Literally so many guys transfer that there's no way there's a clear cut starting job for most of them. It's a giant cluster f---k is what it is.

HCSF better figure it out. We're no different than any other program. Well, except for the losing.

Reactions: CatColumbia

mgbreis

Blackshirt
Dec 16, 2004
Why is everyone so sure AM is going to be here next year? Serious.
I'll turn it around - why would there be any reason to be less than sure that AM will be here next year? He's the starter, as far as I know there hasn't been even a peep of a rumor about him leaving, he's Frost's guy....??

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Aug 27, 2006
I'll turn it around - why would there be any reason to be less than sure that AM will be here next year? He's the starter, as far as I know there hasn't been even a peep of a rumor about him leaving, he's Frost's guy....??

At the rate we're losing guys, nothing would surprise me....in fact I'd almost be more surprised if he did come back. Almost.

Reditus

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 20, 2019
I agree with the thought that it could be hard to find a good xfer QB that is willing to sit behind a 3-year starter.

I think we should plan to emphasize our ground game this spring and fall.

Reactions: 9and4