ADVERTISEMENT

A little OT: Husker encounters away from your home

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Stealing this post I saw, but where have you encountered other Huskers around the world.

I've ran into Husker fans in Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Athens, Barcelona and Vienna. I always bring a ton of Husker gear when I travel and it never fails that I will run into someone. It's always pretty cool, because you'll get a GBR or have an extended convo. It's pretty awesome. We actually had dinner with a couple in Barcelona after talking to them on the street.

Reactions: timnsun
Stealing this post I saw, but where have you encountered other Huskers around the world.

I've ran into Husker fans in Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Athens, Barcelona and Vienna. I always bring a ton of Husker gear when I travel and it never fails that I will run into someone. It's always pretty cool, because you'll get a GBR or have an extended convo. It's pretty awesome. We actually had dinner with a couple in Barcelona after talking to them on the street.
I have had many encounters as well since I always wear a Husker cap when traveling, which used to be a lot. One of my favorites was I was reading a Husker book at a restaurant in Dallas. My pretty young waitress noticed and said she grew up in Nebraska and was a die hard fan. She knew her stuff too, different players at different positions, her informed predictions of the upcoming year, etc. It was during the Pelini tenure. All the other customers at her other tables started waving and shouting "Miss" because she totally ignored them for 10 minutes talking to me.

I once ran into a guy in Saudi Arabia working in a shop - with a Husker shirt on.
He wasn't from Nebraska (nor did he speak English) but did somehow he did have the shirt
Was it a pre-printed Husker shirt, saying Big 12 champs...that got sent out to the middle east after UT got an extra second to kick a FG?

Not gonna lie...saw the title, and thought this was gonna be a thread about a different type of “encounter away from home”...

Disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT