ADVERTISEMENT

A little bird told me.

Cougatron

Oct 17, 2012
It's for sure Scott Frost. They are just waiting to allow him to finish some things and understand who the assistants are and what not. Moos wants to do it with class, just like letting Riley finish the season.

Frost was the #1 target and Moos secured him.

Some of the others on Moos list (barring some ridiculous circus of unfortunate events and were the backups were...)

Craig Bohl - Wyoming - ole Husker ties, a solid coach with a nasty defense to return the blackshirts
Matt Campbell - Iowa State - Ohio ties, a young guy to build the future and recruit in the B1G
Chip Kelly - He was on the list just to see what his thoughts are but obviously chose UCLA

Moos had a couple more, but Frost, Bohl, Campbell, and Kelly were for sure part of his list to inquire with Frost being the #1 choice.

Frost agreed and UF went after Mullen when he turned them down. (Because the return to Nebraska was already agreed in principle).

Frost wants to be classy on his exit from UCF and doesn't want to just up and leave the players in the cover of night, but congrats Huskers.

Your new coach is Scott Frost. Be patient, it will be formal and classy, just like Moos was with Riley, and like Frost is with treating UCF and the players.

Craig Bohl? OMG are you sure you can trust that little bird? That would be pure implosion

He was on the list. He seemed like a solid candidate from how it was explained to me. Won multiple championships with North Dakota State, played for Nebraska, coached at Nebraska. Knows husker football, and Wyoming has one of the better defenses in the country currently.

I don't know why that would be implosion, but you guys know your program better than me. That's just what I was told.

He was on the list. He seemed like a solid candidate from how it was explained to me. Won multiple championships with North Dakota State, played for Nebraska, coached at Nebraska. Knows husker football, and Wyoming has one of the better defenses in the country currently.

I don't know why that would be implosion, but you guys know your program better than me. That's just what I was told.
Just can't see Bohl being successful. Worked at NDSU but really can't see him as a recruiter who could get it done in LIncoln. Maybe I'm crazy.

Craig Bohl? OMG are you sure you can trust that little bird? That would be pure implosion
BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado ran Nebraska's national championship hopes into the ground Friday with a performance that showed the Buffaloes are no longer waiting for a return to dominance.

The No. 14 Buffaloes stunned the second-ranked Huskers with a 62-36 stomping that scrambled Nebraska's bid for a perfect season. Instead of playing in the Big 12 Conference championship game next week, the Huskers will be home, watching on television. The same will be true Jan. 3, when two teams meet in the Rose Bowl to play for the national championship.

The Huskers-ranked No. 1 in the Bowl Championship Series standings-had the inside track on being one of those two teams in Pasadena. But those dreams unraveled in the merciless assault Colorado unleashed on Nebraska.

The Buffaloes' 62 points were the most scored against a Nebraska team, and their 380 rushing yards and 582 total yards were the most allowed this season by a Husker defense that had played with distinction in the first 11 victories of the 2001 season.

Colorado running back Chris Brown scored a school-record six touchdowns, more points than the nation's second-stingiest scoring defense had allowed to any of its previous 11 opponents.

Brown finished with 198 yards, the fourth-best, one-game rushing performance against a Nebraska defense. Teammate Bobby Purify added 155 yards-he also had a 78-yard run nullified by a holding penalty-for the 11th-best, one-game rushing effort against the Huskers.

What the numbers don't fully show is the ease at which Colorado rubbed Nebraska's defensive pride into the Folsom Field turf to lock up the North Division's spot in the Big 12 title game.

"It was easy," Brown said. "The holes were huge. The first guy I'd usually run into was a safety. And their safeties were scared to come straight up and tackle me. Definitely, they didn't expect us to come out and play the way we did. I think they were overconfident.

Based on Friday's outcome, which came before the third-largest crowd (53,790) in Colorado history, the Buffaloes have accomplished Barnett's mission. Colorado will take a 9-2 record to the Big 12 championship game as the North Division's representative.

Brown followed with a 12-yard run and Purify ripped off 18 more on the next play. When the Colorado drive was in danger of stalling, Nebraska got called for a pass interference and a defensive holding penalty. Brown eventually crashed over from the 1, igniting a 20-point final-quarter spurt that left the Huskers humbled.

"They gashed us," said Craig Bohl, Nebraska's defensive coordinator. "This is obviously one of the worst days that we've had."

Colorado's 380-yard rushing day was the most yards gained against Nebraska since Oklahoma popped the Huskers for 419 in 1987. Again, the Buffaloes' performance was shocking in the simplicity of the effort.

I'm not going to recycle the same arguments defending Bohl, but judging a HC's ability by one game as a DC is laughable. He should be on the list, but not at the top.
You must not have been around in 2001-2002. It was hardly "one game" and many Husker fans have a long memory. His name should be nowhere near the list, if for no other reason than he wouldn't take the job if offered.

Dec. 2, 2002 at 9:14 PM
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

LINCOLN, Neb., Dec. 2 (UPI) -- Nebraska Coach Frank Solich, two days after the the Cornhuskers football team completed its worst regular season in 41 years, fired three defensive coaches and announced he would no longer call his own plays.

Solich fired defensive coordinator Craig Bohl, secondary coach Nelson Barnes and defensive ends coach George Darlington, and said he would choose an offensive coordinator "in the near future."

After getting manhandled by Miami in the Rose Bowl last season, the Cornhuskers stumbled to a 7-6 record in 2002, including 3-5 in Big 12 play. Nebraska had won at least nine games each of the previous 33 seasons and had not suffered six losses since 1961.

You must not have been around in 2001-2002. It was hardly "one game" and many Husker fans have a long memory. His name should be nowhere near the list, if for no other reason than he wouldn't take the job if offered.

Dec. 2, 2002 at 9:14 PM
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

LINCOLN, Neb., Dec. 2 (UPI) -- Nebraska Coach Frank Solich, two days after the the Cornhuskers football team completed its worst regular season in 41 years, fired three defensive coaches and announced he would no longer call his own plays.

Solich fired defensive coordinator Craig Bohl, secondary coach Nelson Barnes and defensive ends coach George Darlington, and said he would choose an offensive coordinator "in the near future."

After getting manhandled by Miami in the Rose Bowl last season, the Cornhuskers stumbled to a 7-6 record in 2002, including 3-5 in Big 12 play. Nebraska had won at least nine games each of the previous 33 seasons and had not suffered six losses since 1961.
Well maybe Bohl and Dub could share a taxi to the AA meetings?

I'm no Craig Bohl fan, but none of his problems as a DC at Nebraska kept him from winning multiple FCS championships at NDSU. I certainly doubt most of our fans would have thought he could do that. He seems to be someone who is a better head coach than coordinator.

I'm no Craig Bohl fan, but none of his problems as a DC at Nebraska kept him from winning multiple FCS championships at NDSU. I certainly doubt most of our fans would have thought he could do that. He seems to be someone who is a better head coach than coordinator.
You are probably right, but if by some chance he did become our HC he would have almost no room for error. Not to mention the press would have a field day crowing about the best that the Huskers could do for a new HC was someone they fired 15 years ago. Things worked out well for Bohl, that's the way that they should stay.

He lost to a 1-10 team on Saturday. He's had one of the top NFL QB prospects the last few years and couldn't even win the Mountain West. He is an FCS-level head coach.

BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado ran Nebraska's national championship hopes into the ground Friday with a performance that showed the Buffaloes are no longer waiting for a return to dominance.

The No. 14 Buffaloes stunned the second-ranked Huskers with a 62-36 stomping that scrambled Nebraska's bid for a perfect season. Instead of playing in the Big 12 Conference championship game next week, the Huskers will be home, watching on television. The same will be true Jan. 3, when two teams meet in the Rose Bowl to play for the national championship.

The Huskers-ranked No. 1 in the Bowl Championship Series standings-had the inside track on being one of those two teams in Pasadena. But those dreams unraveled in the merciless assault Colorado unleashed on Nebraska.

The Buffaloes' 62 points were the most scored against a Nebraska team, and their 380 rushing yards and 582 total yards were the most allowed this season by a Husker defense that had played with distinction in the first 11 victories of the 2001 season.

Colorado running back Chris Brown scored a school-record six touchdowns, more points than the nation's second-stingiest scoring defense had allowed to any of its previous 11 opponents.

Brown finished with 198 yards, the fourth-best, one-game rushing performance against a Nebraska defense. Teammate Bobby Purify added 155 yards-he also had a 78-yard run nullified by a holding penalty-for the 11th-best, one-game rushing effort against the Huskers.

What the numbers don't fully show is the ease at which Colorado rubbed Nebraska's defensive pride into the Folsom Field turf to lock up the North Division's spot in the Big 12 title game.

"It was easy," Brown said. "The holes were huge. The first guy I'd usually run into was a safety. And their safeties were scared to come straight up and tackle me. Definitely, they didn't expect us to come out and play the way we did. I think they were overconfident.

Based on Friday's outcome, which came before the third-largest crowd (53,790) in Colorado history, the Buffaloes have accomplished Barnett's mission. Colorado will take a 9-2 record to the Big 12 championship game as the North Division's representative.

Brown followed with a 12-yard run and Purify ripped off 18 more on the next play. When the Colorado drive was in danger of stalling, Nebraska got called for a pass interference and a defensive holding penalty. Brown eventually crashed over from the 1, igniting a 20-point final-quarter spurt that left the Huskers humbled.

"They gashed us," said Craig Bohl, Nebraska's defensive coordinator. "This is obviously one of the worst days that we've had."

Colorado's 380-yard rushing day was the most yards gained against Nebraska since Oklahoma popped the Huskers for 419 in 1987. Again, the Buffaloes' performance was shocking in the simplicity of the effort.

Who was the DC in ‘87?

He lost to a 1-10 team on Saturday. He's had one of the top NFL QB prospects the last few years and couldn't even win the Mountain West. He is an FCS-level head coach.

Moos is being realistic. It’s not like Neb is some top 20 program. If Frost didn’t come, we had to have a backup. Several coaches already said no or to take Neb off their list. On Rivals we’re ranked 5th. Arkansas is 6th of the open positions.

Bohl had a highly rated QB who was injured in the season opener and has never recovered. Josh Allen has missed the last 2 games so pinning the loss to San Jose State on Bohl is a bit unfair.

Reactions: 9and4
Moos is being realistic. It’s not like Neb is some top 20 program. If Frost didn’t come, we had to have a backup. Several coaches already said no or to take Neb off their list. On Rivals we’re ranked 5th. Arkansas is 6th of the open positions.
Several coaches have already said no? You are awesome… Amazing how good at trolling you are. What’s your source?

Reactions: Frozone
I think coaches saying no was true when we hired Riley. Although SE's short list sucked - all guys that had no interest from the get go, and Riley who SE wanted to hire at Miami. He was not prepared to close a deal with anyone but Riley. I think he thought he was the smartest guy in the room - his assessment of MR proved to be WAY off especially MR at the end of his career and in the Big 10.
Moos did put out feelers to gauge interest in the job but I think the quality of his list was better than SE and it had more than one name that had interest in the job. We know Kelly and Campbell were contacted - both had no interest.

Scott Frost watched the Penn State vs Nebraska games in 1979-1983 on TV. Jerry Sandusky was the PSU defensive coordinator during that time.

I hope there aren't riots on campus concerning this impending hire.

Several coaches have already said no? You are awesome… Amazing how good at trolling you are. What’s your source?

He has no source—he’s a troll whose (transparent) schtick is to take backhanded shots at Nebraska. But I’d have to disagree that he’s any “good” at trolling.

Reactions: timnsun

I remember fans not treating Bohl well that year. Pretty messed up stuff. Don't get me wrong, Bohl is a much better coach than he was, but I don't see him wanting to come back.

I don't know about Bohl today and I don't really care that much at this point but Bohl was already fired once from the Nebraska staff so that would be the reason why.

I said two weeks ago that Frost was the guy. Nobody listens.

Gloating aside, the Husker universe needs to chill already, lest we make Scott sick of us before he's even officially been announced as the new head coach. He's undoubtedly already sick of being asked about it 45 times a day by various media outlets.

allen has been hurt and hasn't played the last couple weeks.

It won't be him, but Bohl went to NDSU in 2003, the final year the school was D2. 2003-2007 they were 1AA in the Great West and were ineligible for post season those years. 2008 was the first year in the Mo. Valley. Three straight TRULY earned playoff national championships in a row in years 9-11 (2011-2013). That is an amazing feat to win 3 in a row where you actually had to earn it and not win a beauty contest like 1A/BCS for years until the 4 team playoff.

Oh, but that's 1AA/FCS football right?? That doesn't count. Ok, how about this guy. Four 1AA championships in 15 years at the same school. I guess he wasn't a very good coach.

jim-tressel-ohio-statejpg-a694962508e5a8cc.jpg

Reactions: Oricus and 9and4
I'm not going to recycle the same arguments defending Bohl, but judging a HC's ability by one game as a DC is laughable. He should be on the list, but not at the top.

He's also the same DC that held the defending National Champion Oklahoma to their lowest point total in 2001 (10). The same team that finished # 6 in 2001.

It's not like CU was some crappy team that year. They were 9-3, and were ranked # 15 coming into that game.

I was around that 2001 team alot. They were lead by a garbage head coach, who has only elevated to the Ohio Bobcats since, and in the world of cronyism that is college football, that is sad. Team had no accountability, and bunch of guys living off of the exploits of the 97 team and a Heisman winner. Solich should have fired himself in 2002 as well, remember he took the best recruiting class in the nation in 1997 and wasted it...which is why ohio was his true ceiling.

Thanks for the info! Could definitely see Bohl being on Moos' list.
He took a lot of blame for the slippage under Frank and many people can’t seem to grasp the fact he has grown into a very good head coach. Additionally, he stresses what I most want — toughness. His teams batter opponents, you know, like Nebraska did until the past 15 years when the term pancake block became a joke.

It won't be him, but Bohl went to NDSU in 2003, the final year the school was D2. 2003-2007 they were 1AA in the Great West and were ineligible for post season those years. 2008 was the first year in the Mo. Valley. Three straight TRULY earned playoff national championships in a row in years 9-11 (2011-2013). That is an amazing feat to win 3 in a row where you actually had to earn it and not win a beauty contest like 1A/BCS for years until the 4 team playoff.

Oh, but that's 1AA/FCS football right?? That doesn't count. Ok, how about this guy. Four 1AA championships in 15 years at the same school. I guess he wasn't a very good coach.

jim-tressel-ohio-statejpg-a694962508e5a8cc.jpg
He was a cheater and he was good at it.

one big reason got hammered by colorado is solich made us one dimensional with crouch right/crouch left. got crouch a lot of numbers and he deserved his hiesmen but left us easy to read. and cause colorado had a decent back if I remember right. whats worse it we couldn't back up the smack I talked on colorado footballs radio station when I called.:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT