ADVERTISEMENT

A dearth of good QBs

JoelBittner

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 14, 2010
The Wolverines' Milton was bad, McNamara is a step up, but not sure if he is the answer. Clifford at Penn State is a fail. Mertz is the first quality QB for Wisconsin in years. Last Iowa QB with any talent was CJ Beathard.
Usually the conference has a plethora of stand-out QBs. Am I imagining this or is the conference currently below it's usual standard for QBs????

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Just a cycle. Indiana has Mike Penix performing at full mast. Northwestern has Peyton Ramsey now. Maryland has Tua just a freshman. Purdue probably has some good QB I just don't know the guy's name.

I had some Michigan fan tell me Milton was the next Cam Newton before the season started. It's just a cycle.

The Wolverines' Milton was bad, McNamara is a step up, but not sure if he is the answer. Clifford at Penn State is a fail. Mertz is the first quality QB for Wisconsin in years. Last Iowa QB with any talent was CJ Beathard.
Usually the conference has a plethora of stand-out QBs. Am I imagining this or is the conference currently below it's usual standards for QBs????
Screw measurables. Just give me the gym rat, the coaches son, the gamer.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Just a cycle. Indiana has Mike Penix performing at full mast. Northwestern has Peyton Ramsey now. Maryland has Tua just a freshman. Purdue probably has some good QB I just don't know the guy's name.

I had some Michigan fan tell me Milton was the next Cam Newton before the season started. It's just a cycle.
Dooooooooon't ever think I didn't see what u did there, Pirate's booty.

Penix is the worst name for the best player imaginable. I bet announcers are terrified of him.

Usually the conference has a plethora of stand-out QBs. Am I imagining this or is the conference currently below it's usual standard for QBs????

I had an Iowa fan tell me yesterday Petras was the second best qb in the conference just behind Fields.

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
The only time the Big Ten really had a plethora of standout quarterbacks was when Ohio State was hoarding 3 or 4 of them, and maybe when Russell Wilson grad transferred in.

ADVERTISEMENT