ADVERTISEMENT

A ban on new gas-powered cars by 2035

One thing I wish my dems understood is a little quiet pressure, and continued education towards intelligent people will change the market. Nearly all coal power plants have been shut down and replaced over the past ten years with renewables because continued investment in wind and solar has made them incredibly cheap...much cheaper than coal, even without the doomed carbon tax. The only car manufacturer having a positive 2020 is Tesla and their brand of electric cars, and this is in a presumed world where Trump or his ilk will be president for the next 20 years. The world is changing because a mass majority of people are decent, open minded to science and technology, and aware of the damage that pollution can cause. America has already gone through multiple waves of environmentalism, there is always a bunch of detractors, but more people who recognize a health planet means a healthy economy and healthy humanity. We easily could be facing a world without any natural reserves, with rivers that catch on fire regularly, no ozone layer...humans used litigation, regulation, but more importantly awareness and education to remediate these past issues. You won't have anything taken away, it just won't be available and something better will replace it. Like the fact the Nebraska gets 40% of its energy from renewables. Nobody lost energy, the grid is better than ever, and energy still cheap...you just don't get it from carbon based fuel as much as the past.

Nobody’s driving a Tesla because it’s saving the planet. They’re just trying to look cool.

Alyssa milano, celeb queen of defund the police, aledgidly calls police for help in fear of gunman on her property. Turns out it was a neighbor kid shooting at squirrel with air rifle. Some reports say a neighbor called but it's still funny at the hypocrisy

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Alyssa milano, celeb queen of defund the police, aledgidly calls police for help in fear of gunman on her property. Turns out it was a neighbor kid shooting at squirrel with air rifle. Some reports say a neighbor called but it's still funny at the hypocrisy
did she have her vagina hat on? Shes one of those who say do as I say not as I do she also has a cush job for the nfl now people can start to understand why the nfl is dying

Nobody’s driving a Tesla because it’s saving the planet. They’re just trying to look cool.

I'm not driving any vehicle that can shut off my access to fuel if I do any modifications to it. No matter how nice it looks.

California - Turn off your TV and bump up your A/C at 3PM since we are out of Electricity. Also California - Electric Cars Man!

I came across this video just a week or so ago, which explains fairly well why this whole move to electric is not really feasible.

Now, I think it can be done in part, and certainly there is a place for solar and wind, but according to this, electricity costs went up 6X in the state of California, and they still can't make enough power.

Anyway, here is the vid that goes into more detail.

One thing I wish my dems understood is a little quiet pressure, and continued education towards intelligent people will change the market. Nearly all coal power plants have been shut down and replaced over the past ten years with renewables because continued investment in wind and solar has made them incredibly cheap...much cheaper than coal, even without the doomed carbon tax. The only car manufacturer having a positive 2020 is Tesla and their brand of electric cars, and this is in a presumed world where Trump or his ilk will be president for the next 20 years. The world is changing because a mass majority of people are decent, open minded to science and technology, and aware of the damage that pollution can cause. America has already gone through multiple waves of environmentalism, there is always a bunch of detractors, but more people who recognize a health planet means a healthy economy and healthy humanity. We easily could be facing a world without any natural reserves, with rivers that catch on fire regularly, no ozone layer...humans used litigation, regulation, but more importantly awareness and education to remediate these past issues. You won't have anything taken away, it just won't be available and something better will replace it. Like the fact the Nebraska gets 40% of its energy from renewables. Nobody lost energy, the grid is better than ever, and energy still cheap...you just don't get it from carbon based fuel as much as the past.
Coal was replaced by natural gas not renewables. According to the US government 32% of energy is natural gas. Renewable in 2019 only made up 11%. The state of Nebraska 55% comes from coal and 19% from nuclear and 20% wind. Think your 40% is off.

Coal was replaced by natural gas not renewables. According to the US government 32% of energy is natural gas. Renewable in 2019 only made up 11%. The state of Nebraska 55% comes from coal and 19% from nuclear and 20% wind. Think your 40% is off.

This is true. LNG facilities have been going up like hotcakes as well in order to import and export.

Tesla recently had an upgrade to their cars they labeled "Ludicrious mode"....brought the H.P. up to 850 I think??? My 17 y/o son got to drive one and romp on it...still talks about it.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Ha! Laughing As my favorite radio host commonly states: "What the Dems don't want to ban they want to make mandatory, and what they don't want to make mandatory they want to ban." So long as they have power over you, that's all that matters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-gas-powered-cars-california-2035/3506377001/
The idiots must believe that their stores’ shelves are stocked with goods loaded off trucks and trains powered by solar and wind. And then will come the constitutional challenge since this “order” undoubtedly impacts interstate commerce.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Maybe if/when solid state batteries become feasible on a large scale. Think I read those will have WAY more storage capacity than Li-Ion batteries, more power and be able to be quickly recharged without dendrites forming.

Maybe if/when solid state batteries become feasible on a large scale. Think I read those will have WAY more storage capacity than Li-Ion batteries, more power and be able to be quickly recharged without dendrites forming.
Fiskar supposedly has figured this technology out, but its Fiskar so take it with a grain of salt.

Now, I think it can be done in part, and certainly there is a place for solar and wind, but according to this, electricity costs went up 6X in the state of California, and they still can't make enough power.

I agree with this line of thought. My current thinking is that solar and wind have their place as in they are niche energy applications. I don't think they make sense for large scale base power. Soldynta makes me mad.

I think molten salt reactor technology &fusion should be where the research money should be concentrated and in the interim combined cycle natural gas is reliable, affordable and clean. Plus the infrastructure for it already exists.

I agree with this line of thought. My current thinking is that solar and wind have their place as in they are niche energy applications. I don't think they make sense for large scale base power. Soldynta makes me mad.

I think molten salt reactor technology &fusion should be where the research money should be concentrated and in the interim combined cycle natural gas is reliable, affordable and clean. Plus the infrastructure for it already exists.
Solar is the future but we aren't there yet, and when we do get there it will be more small scale independent arrays as opposed to large scale that serve tens of thousands of customers. We also have almost unlimited hydro potential and that should be exploited. Supplement that with nuclear and we will have a completely clean and self sustaining energy sector.

I watched "Battery Day" and Elon says Tesla is approximately 3 years away from their new, more efficient and cheaper battery going into high production. I'm expecting that to be closer to 4 to 5 years just because of how ambitious he and Tesla are in general. He also mentioned a $25,000 vehicle as being feasible in around 3 years which he says is key for mass EV adoption. Again, I'm expecting that to be closer to 4 to 5 years and am hoping to be surprised.

I will probably be getting the $25,000 vehicle whenever it comes out. I'd love to get the model Y but it's out of my price range at this time. I've enjoyed watching Tesla grow and try to innovate which is what initially drew me to them. Now they're starting to execute and I'm excited to see what the next decade holds for the company. I think they're just getting started.

Reactions: oldjar07
Then why do you need a ban? let free market take care of it.
Because what makes sense in California might not make sense in Nebraska. California already has the regulatory support and are building the infrastructure to support electric cars. Electric cars will likely be outselling gas cars nationwide by the time this even goes into effect. In California, that will especially be the case. By the time the ban goes into effect, it probably wouldn't even matter that much.

2035 is so far off that a million things will have changed by then. Right now I'm just worried about getting through 2020.
That's what I don't think people are realizing is 15 years is a really long time. Heck 10 years ago coal was still king and we were completely dependent on oil imports. Look how much that situation changed in just a few years. The future is going to change even faster to the point where it's silly to worry about a policy that affects a completely different state and likely won't even have a big impact by the time it goes into effect.

That's what I don't think people are realizing is 15 years is a really long time. Heck 10 years ago coal was still king and we were completely dependent on oil imports. Look how much that situation changed in just a few years. The future is going to change even faster to the point where it's silly to worry about a policy that affects a completely different state and likely won't even have a big impact by the time it goes into effect.

No reason to worry about events in the year 2035

aoc_gore-min.jpeg

You'll be 3 years in a coffin by then

Last edited:
Because what makes sense in California might not make sense in Nebraska. California already has the regulatory support and are building the infrastructure to support electric cars. Electric cars will likely be outselling gas cars nationwide by the time this even goes into effect. In California, that will especially be the case. By the time the ban goes into effect, it probably wouldn't even matter that much.

If everything you stated becomes true, then a ban wouldn't be necessary.

As I mentioned in the OP, "what Dems don't want to ban they want to make mandatory, and what they don't want to make mandatory they want to ban."

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT