ADVERTISEMENT

93 Positives halt workouts

This doesn't help with a spring season.
Well another way to look at it is that there now will be 11 more players who likely won't have to worry about the virus again after they recover. And right now from purely a football perspective, since there are no scheduled games, if you're going to get the virus now would be the best time to get it over with. It likely means another 10% of the Iowa team will shortly have immunity.

Again, nobody wants anybody to be sick but if you're gonna get sick, this would be the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Meanwhile, The Railyard in Lincoln last Saturday:
118688765_10223619582658841_2387412846499459556_o.jpg

Well another way to look at it is that there now will be 11 more players who likely won't have to worry about the virus again after they recover. And right now from purely a football perspective, since there are no scheduled games, if you're going to get the virus now would be the best time to get it over with. It likely means another 10% of the Iowa team will shortly have immunity.

Again, nobody wants anybody to be sick but if you're gonna get sick, this would be the time.

And a positive Covid test does not equal getting sick :mad: PLAY BALL!!

Well, my girl is a nurse. And an LPN at her clinic, in Lincoln, just tested positive.

Yeah, I'm going to be cautious. People playing this down are straight-up dumb.

Both my parents and 87 year old grandparents have had it. No issues... Treat it like the flu and move on with your life. This isn't Ebola.

So 2/3 of the football team has it? Seems high, but what do I know. There is so much misinformation or bad information its hard to know what to believe.

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
i would look at as a positive --pardon the pun. in 2 weeks 2/3's of their team will have had the virus and their immune system will have created antibodies---problem solved

Reactions: Crazyhole

That's not true. You can become reinfected. That was proven in a Korean trial early on that indicated approximately a ten per cent reinfection rate.

i would look at as a positive --pardon the pun. in 2 weeks 2/3's of their team will have had the virus and their immune system will have created antibodies---problem solved

At least 2/3s of the team has probably already been exposed to it (the same as the rest of the country). Exposure doesn't mean you are going to develop a transmittable infection.

20-25% infection across the population has been the historic max for any virus throughout the history of time (even "novel" viruses). I posted links earlier, too lazy to repost, but only diglefritz replied and he was on the debunking end of my posts. Viruses can't sustain past that because they lose any vector of transmission. They burn through the susceptible first and have a hard time finding suitable hosts after that. As I've posted numerous times in the 77 NFL player thread, "THIS PANDEMIC IS OVER". We are no longer (and have never been) at a risk of overrunning our medical system, so all of this theatrical bullsh!t NEEDS TO STOP NOW.

Cases.....how many are actually sick? None?

I don't know if it will ever be revealed to the public how harmless this virus is, but if the truth ever comes to light this will go down as by far the biggest hoax in history.

The virus is real. The fear of it is not. That has been manufactured by our leaders and media so they can gain power.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT