ADVERTISEMENT

92 Days to CFB: Best #92 in Husker History?

HuskRecruit

Apr 1, 2018
Who is the best Husker to don #92 in program history?

Please feel free to add personal favs/honorable mentions!

These were the first two I thought of as well. I think Derrie Nelson won a Big 8 Defensive POY award, in an era when OU tended to dominate those honors. Not bad for a one-time walk-on.
Derrie Nelson just for the meanness factor. When he walked into the Brass Rail, full strut and scowl, it was like the Red Sea parting -- everybody backed up and got out of his way so that he wouldn't crush us just on principle. And he gets bonus points for being Bob Cerv's nephew.

The first thing I think of when I hear 92 and Huskers is the birth of Tommie Frazier in a Husker uniform

Then I think of how we blew out top ten teams in back to back weeks.

but then I remember Ty Stewart. Ugh

The first thing I think of when I hear 92 and Huskers is the birth of Tommie Frazier in a Husker uniform

Then I think of how we blew out top ten teams in back to back weeks.

but then I remember Ty Stewart. Ugh
And then you think of the Coca-Cola bowl and smile, right? :D

What a strange season.

Reactions: spinner4
And then you think of the Coca-Cola bowl and smile, right? :D

What a strange season.
That was like 2 or 3 different seasons in one.

I was in 6th grade, which meant I watched everyone and knew everyone’s team in and out.

I remember after the Washington game that year I thought oh no, we still suck. Which “still suck” meant line #10-15 in the nation. (Id kill for NU to be #10 in the nation now)

anyways I remember when we rolled CU & Kansas and college game day wouldn’t give us any credit. So I wrote Craig James a letter saying that he was SWC bias for all the A&M love he gave them. That week we lost to Iowa State and I never mailed the letter. That was the day I learned a valuable lesson in life, take nothing for granted. Seriously that’s when I learned that lesson

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT