92 Days to CFB: Best #92 in Husker History?

HuskRecruit

Apr 1, 2018
Who is the best Husker to don #92 in program history?

Please feel free to add personal favs/honorable mentions!

Cedric

Walk On
Jun 20, 2001
These were the first two I thought of as well. I think Derrie Nelson won a Big 8 Defensive POY award, in an era when OU tended to dominate those honors. Not bad for a one-time walk-on.
Derrie Nelson just for the meanness factor. When he walked into the Brass Rail, full strut and scowl, it was like the Red Sea parting -- everybody backed up and got out of his way so that he wouldn't crush us just on principle. And he gets bonus points for being Bob Cerv's nephew.

spinner4

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
The first thing I think of when I hear 92 and Huskers is the birth of Tommie Frazier in a Husker uniform

Then I think of how we blew out top ten teams in back to back weeks.

but then I remember Ty Stewart. Ugh

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
The first thing I think of when I hear 92 and Huskers is the birth of Tommie Frazier in a Husker uniform

Then I think of how we blew out top ten teams in back to back weeks.

but then I remember Ty Stewart. Ugh
And then you think of the Coca-Cola bowl and smile, right? :D

What a strange season.

Reactions: spinner4

spinner4

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
And then you think of the Coca-Cola bowl and smile, right? :D

What a strange season.
That was like 2 or 3 different seasons in one.

I was in 6th grade, which meant I watched everyone and knew everyone’s team in and out.

I remember after the Washington game that year I thought oh no, we still suck. Which “still suck” meant line #10-15 in the nation. (Id kill for NU to be #10 in the nation now)

anyways I remember when we rolled CU & Kansas and college game day wouldn’t give us any credit. So I wrote Craig James a letter saying that he was SWC bias for all the A&M love he gave them. That week we lost to Iowa State and I never mailed the letter. That was the day I learned a valuable lesson in life, take nothing for granted. Seriously that’s when I learned that lesson

Reactions: saluno22