ADVERTISEMENT

9 years ago today

I remember all the talk in the national media about how Texas won't hang with Nebraska, Colin Cowherd blasting that there was no way that Texas could win, forgetting all the history in the Big 12 between Nebraska and the Horns.

Peaking against K-State brought a sense of greatness but you could see that loss coming, Texas had more than enough in the tank, especially after listening for a few weeks how Nebraska was going to pulverize them.

A friend of mine had tickets and we were all set to go, but he got sick and I ended up watching the horror show on tv, I was uneasy about that game the entire week, would have been a real long drive home had we made it out there. :(

The Red Out Around the World! I’ll never forget it

All the talk preseason was not if Nebraska would win against Texas, but how many times. Texas losing to UCLA in the preseason took some of the shine off the game, but Husker Nation was still pumped for the game.

I had tickets and drove through the night to get to the game. I stayed in some hotel in Syracuse for like two hours, because I couldn’t drive anymore. The stadium was as loud as I’ve ever heard it pre-game, the stadium was literally shaking. And then we all learned that Bo’s defense had no answer for the QB run, so disheartening.

Reactions: saluno22
Just needed to catch the ball and we win.
Between Kinnie, Paul, and Burkhead that game, my goodness...

I still remember fans being upset over the crap Niles Paul took compared to Rex when Rex dropped a for-sure TD. Maybe it was because Rex didn't run his mouth constantly.

The 1996 B12 championship game hurts soooo much worse. James Brown on 4th down. Ugh.

I guess I dont mind that one as much. Texas played really well and our team was puking their guts out with the flu. In 2010, we just shit ourselves.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT