ADVERTISEMENT

9 Wins Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an amazing attempt to puff up Bo and tear down Mike, unless I'm missing something here... If you can't see that what Riley is doing right now is more positive than anything Bo did here in terms of preparation, professionalism, and the like... Well, I guess the only thing that MAY, and I emphasize MAY, change your mind (not sure anything can) is reaching Bo's ceiling, and even then, I get the strong sense that you will find something else to moan about.

I am convinced by what I have seen in recruiting, in relationship building, repairing the team psyche, that this year will be far different. I actually look forward to a successful year just to see what you will come up with the complain about...
No timnsun, it is you who is twisting the words, in an amazing attempt to troll something from nothing.

I call a guy a borderline nut case, and you twist it into an attempt to puff him up?

I didn't do any moaning, it seems that is coming from you, again. On the ignore list you go.

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. In other words, I'll take a season(no mater how gut wrenching)like last years if that is what it takes. It seems like you're always trying to justify his existence.
I'm trying to be objective, but that doesn't always go over so well here. I know how it is.. in order to get along here, you have to vilify the last guy while the current guy can do no wrong.. sigh.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
No timnsun, it is you who is twisting the words, in an amazing attempt to troll something from nothing.

I call a guy a borderline nut case, and you twist it into an attempt to puff him up?

I didn't do any moaning, it seems that is coming from you, again. On the ignore list you go.
I guess if someone would do me a favor by quoting this, Nikki can see my response.

My apologies, Nikki, I thought you were attempting to say that in spite of Bo's nutcase mentality, he did achieve results. And on the flip side, I thought you were saying, in spite of Riley's niceness, he's not gonna be any better than average.

It looks like I took a leap... I thought you were standing up for Bo while looking down on Mike. Again, my apologies.

I understand the function of the ignore button, but you pressed it awfully quick in this case...

I guess if someone would do me a favor by quoting this, Nikki can see my response.

My apologies, Nikki, I thought you were attempting to say that in spite of Bo's nutcase mentality, he did achieve results. And on the flip side, I thought you were saying, in spite of Riley's niceness, he's not gonna be any better than average.

It looks like I took a leap... I thought you were standing up for Bo while looking down on Mike. Again, my apologies.

I understand the function of the ignore button, but you pressed it awfully quick in this case...

NM

Reactions: timnsun
Last years team went 6-7, not 5-7. If you are going to count the Holiday Bowl and Gator Bowl wins for Bo you kind of need to count last years Bowl too.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out if a tragedy occurred that took out his cable during the bowl game against UCLA or something. Maybe a truck came along and splattered his brains all over the interstate. Or he got carried off by a twister..

Reactions: headcard
2012 Wisconsin 8-6 (4-4) was not good and we got rolled over.
One of their losses that year was to...Nebraska. And I would hardly equate 2012 Wisconsin to 2015 Illinois and 2015 Purdue. Did Illinois or Purdue go to and almost win the Rose Bowl last year?

One of their losses that year was to...Nebraska. And I would hardly equate 2012 Wisconsin to 2015 Illinois and 2015 Purdue. Did Illinois or Purdue go to and almost win the Rose Bowl last year?
If you read other boards you will see husker fans trying to convince others that the Purdue game was an instant classic between two college football giants.

The vast majority of his wins came against sub .500 teams. But when he played a mediocre to good team not only would he lose he would get his doors blown off. The nine wins was as much smoke and mirrors as it's former coach.

You said Bo lost to "good teams". I don't think the 2012 Wisconsin team was good.

Actually, Red Rover said that originally. I said Riley lost to bad teams.

Botard going full Botard.

Wisconsin was an average at best team who finished third in it's division. Yet they made Botard look like the overrated coach that he is. And wasn't Riley's 2015 opponents winning percentage better then anything Botard ever coached against?

Wisconsin was an average at best team who finished third in it's division. Yet they made Botard look like the overrated coach that he is. And wasn't Riley's 2015 opponents winning percentage better then anything Botard ever coached against?
I think so...but Iowa did have their best year ever.

You didn't say this?
Talk about taking something out of context, and attempting to make it seem as if I was all up in here saying Bo Pelini only lost to good teams. It's a good distraction argument, but it hardly reflects poorly on me, seeing as I was merely responding to what the resident power-bottom said initially.

I agree, but to criticize losing to good teams while defending a coach who loses to bad teams isn't without its irony. Providing context to justify why a coach loses to bad teams is just another avenue of making excuses.
Bo didn't lose to only good teams. Bo continued to fail (for Nebraska standards) past years 1-4.

If MR doesn't do any better than Bo after year 4 then he'll be criticized and given the boot too.

Ok then, Bo also lost to bad teams.
Cool story, but our current coach is Mike Riley, and he has lost to multiple bad teams in his first year. Jesus, look at the title of the thread, and still attempt to act surprised that posters are in here comparing and contrasting.

Bo didn't lose to only good teams. Bo continued to fail (for Nebraska standards) past years 1-4.

If MR doesn't do any better than Bo after year 4 then he'll be criticized and given the boot too.
I was responding to Power Bottom's (red rover) statement of, "whenever Bo played mediocre to good teams..." I didn't come out of nowhere with that...

I'm not even defending Bo Pelini, per se, but trying to stay within the context of the thread, and by its very nature, comparing and contrasting. And people are getting pretty upset, obviously.

Cool story, but our current coach is Mike Riley, and he has lost to multiple bad teams in his first year. Jesus, look at the title of the thread, and still attempt to act surprised that posters are in here comparing and contrasting.

Last year schedule had teams that went 100-68. Bo lost four games no matter how easy his schedule was compared to Riley's 2015 season. I challenge any to find a tougher schedule during Bo's tenure. It's easy to rack up the wins when your wins add up to teams that finished way below .500

Riley's non Conference...
BYU 9-4
South Alabama 5-7
Miami 8-5
Southern Miss 9-5

Total...31-21

Bo's
Southern Alaska State 1-11
Western Boston A&M 2-12
Wyoming 7-5
School of Deaf & Blind 0-12

Total... Lol!

Bo played a conferences schedule that rivaled this year's schedule easily.

At Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, at Michigan St, at NW, at Minnesota, Penn St, , at Iowa

This year's schedule was a cake walk and we blew it.

I'm not defending Bo, as I agree many of his schedules were weak - but our schedule last year was not tough by any stretch of the imagination. Especially since every team with a pulse (Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, BYU) we played at home. Our Big Ten road schedule was a joke (Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, Minnesota).

It's tough to find SOS rankings, but according to teamrankings.com we had the 50th toughest schedule in the country, just above Iowa, Syracuse, and Memphis. That site has Bo's 2009 schedule as the 5th toughest in the nation (finished 10-4). Only once did Bo have a SOS lower than 50 (2013, when he should have been fired).

Last year schedule had teams that went 100-68. Bo lost four games no matter how easy his schedule was compared to Riley's 2015 season. I challenge any to find a tougher schedule during Bo's tenure. It's easy to rack up the wins when your wins add up to teams that finished way below .500
You're telling me Nebraska's SOS was higher in 2015 than any year, 2008-2014? I will eagerly wait for your answer.

I would have rather taken last year at 5-7 than another year of 400 yard rushing games, Pelini freaking out, and just lack of effort. He was one lucky guy to reach 9 wins in 2013 and 2014. Pelini had to go.

Wow, the butthurt about the Bo firing is still strong on this board.

Maybe people just want to deal in reality and not hyperbole just because they don't like the old coach.

A lot of us are excited about the upcoming season.

I'm not defending Bo, as I agree many of his schedules were weak - but our schedule last year was not tough by any stretch of the imagination. Especially since every team with a pulse (Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, BYU) we played at home. Our Big Ten road schedule was a joke (Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, Minnesota).

It's tough to find SOS rankings, but according to teamrankings.com we had the 50th toughest schedule in the country, just above Iowa, Syracuse, and Memphis. That site has Bo's 2009 schedule as the 5th toughest in the nation (finished 10-4). Only once did Bo have a SOS lower than 50 (2013, when he should have been fired).

2015- 12 games 100-68
2009- 14 games 97-82

You're telling me Nebraska's SOS was higher in 2015 than any year, 2008-2014? I will eagerly wait for your answer.

2015- 12 games 100-68
2009- 14 games 97-82

tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr.gif

So you're not going to answer the question then? Seems about right.
Look up your own bullshit cause it's not my problem Botard. Your boy is long gone never to return here or to any other major university as a head coach. Lol!

And it was really man of your boy to skip town on the North Star bill and pin it on Waller.

Look up your own bullshit cause it's not my problem Botard. Your boy is long gone never to return here or to any other major university as a head coach. Lol!
I never proposed the idea that Riley played a stronger schedule in 2015 than all years Bo Pelini coached at Nebraska. You did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT