ADVERTISEMENT

8th in big ten

He wouldn’t have stayed at Nebraska very long if he was successful. I think he would have left for the first NFL team that would have offered him a head coaching job. And he probably would have gotten an offer if he was successful at Nebraska.

Or a big time college program that would have made it easier to get to the NFL.

TLOL. Ok. Our 2018 class ended up #3 in the Big and that was with Frost only getting 2 months to recruit, and really considering the majority of the class committed at the early signing period he really only had 2 weeks. I have no doubt that by signing day we’ll be top 5, if not top 2 or 3 again.
lol

Let's not forget Frost had a handful of first round draft picks. I think UCF was hovering around the 70's in recruiting. So I think his coaching staffs ability to develop should relax any concerns.

Let's not forget Frost had a handful of first round draft picks. I think UCF was hovering around the 70's in recruiting. So I think his coaching staffs ability to develop should relax any concerns.
UCF has had three first rounders since 2014. One was coached by Frost. He did produce 4 picks for the first time since 2003. I noticed that the 2014 team that went 12-1 was in large part because of Blake Bortles. His class was ranked 39th by rivals. The year after that was 91st. Losing him and a horrid recruiting class led to 0-12. Then Frost was working with 70th ranked classes as you stated. Frost has two 50-some ranked classes without looking too much at his timeline there.

UCF had a postseason ban over their heads for 2012 which I would bet was why 2011 was ranked a 39th class and 2012 was ranked 91st. The bowl ban was eventually dropped.

Last edited:
These type of threads are stupid. You never judge how recruiting is going based on the team ranking in June. You judge it by the amount of recruits are placing you in their top lists and who is visiting. Then come official visits. Then Dec. NSD at the same time some coaches will be fired, freeing up some recruiting.

We haven't even gotten to the "teams sucking on the field" decommit season yet.

WI only has a few spots left. We will pass them easily. We will sign at least another 12 or 13. PSU has fewer commits than we do right now, but you know they will rise a good distance based on the lists they are finalists for.

UCLA didn't have a single commit until June and they will do just fine. MN is ahead of everyone, same with Purdue, because of the number of commits they have. Neither of those classes are impressive, they are only ahead of us because they accepted a bunch of kids that really don't have many top options.

We will finish in the top 25, if not top 20 to 17 range.

Not to be critical, but NU is currently 9th in the big ten in recruiting. I'm all for Frost and am confident he can coach the players up. However, he needs to pick it up a notch.

Kiss my Husker Ass. Speed all over the field.

McBride and Held and those mofos will figure it out.

Goodnight...

My bad. we are now 10th. I have faith and am just pointing it out. However, at this point, there are some that have to be somewhat disappointed, but for some reason, no one will say it. It's too early to tell.

My bad. we are now 10th. I have faith and am just pointing it out. However, at this point, there are some that have to be somewhat disappointed, but for some reason, no one will say it. It's too early to tell.
Your last sentence says it all. Those who are chiming in here aren’t worried, because “it’s too early to tell.”

It isn’t people ignoring the impending doom of a class ranked in the bottom half of the B1G as it stands right now, because no one, yourself included, I gotta believe, thinks this is where they will finish.

To continue to wring your hands about this as recently as last night, reminding us we are now 10th in the B1G, is stupid, quite frankly. I would have thought the fact that not a single person on here shared your pessimism should have been a sign that you missed the boat on this one, but you continue to promote this worry long before it’s time to worry.

This board is full of people who worry about every little thing, but no one else has joined you in this worry... maybe it’s because you’re the only one disappointed enough with recruiting at this time to say anything? I guarantee you if others were as worried as you there would be half a dozen threads like this one on the board right now.

Now is not the time to worry.

You are either trolling, which I suspect you are, or incompetent. We are one commit away from jumping roughly 12 schools on the composite team rankings. That would jump two other Big Ten schools. Purdue and Minnesota has so many commits right that it will take a few months to jump them. We will pass up Michigan State too.

Did you know that we are ahead of almost everyone in the PAC 12? UCLA, Washington, USC, Utah, etc...Why? Because we have more commits. We already know that USC will pass us near the end of the year when they finish strong like they do every year.

Not sure if serious...

We’re currently sitting at 11 recruits. There is only one team ahead of us with fewer commits and that’s Penn State with 9. Purdue and Minnisota are nearly full. Purdue is sitting at 19 commits, and Minnesota is sitting at 18. Both with average star rankings below Nebraska. Guaranteed that we pass both of those teams by signing day. Michigan State is sitting at 16 with an average star rank just ahead of ours, I would say there is a very strong possibility that we pass them. Northwestern has 14 commits with an average star ranking just ahead of ours as well. Wisconsin also has 14 commits with pretty solid average star ranking, and Iowa is sitting at 13 commits and just ahead of us in star ranking. If history is any indication of future performance, then the probability of us jumping NW, Wisc, and Iowa is very high, which would put us at 4th overall in conference by signing day. If the other thread that linked the Landof10 article turns out to be correct our final class will almost certainly be 4th in conference and may challenge the 3rd rated class in conference. It’s June, there’s an entire season to play this fall, and some big time names and talent have us on their radar.

Oh yeah, and speed kills. TO did it in the 1990s. SF is doing it now. Recruit speed, and use Husker Power to fill them out. It was a highly successful combination for the better part of 30 years, and SF is using TO’s old school tactics with a modern offensive style, and modern technology for S&C. Ultimately when SF gets this boat turn around, recruiting is only going to get better.

My bad. we are now 10th. I have faith and am just pointing it out. However, at this point, there are some that have to be somewhat disappointed, but for some reason, no one will say it. It's too early to
Let’s just say Ty Robinson and Nick Henrich committed today. That would put Neb at 13 commits and 184.62 which would be 5th in the BIG behind Purdue with 19 commits. It’s early and it’s a lot of moving parts with recruiting rankings. I wouldn’t worry about it, definitely in Late June early July!

Reactions: Chuck003
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT