ADVERTISEMENT

89 Days to CFB: Best #89 in Husker history?

Broderick Thomas...

I just wish he and Steve Taylor would not have lost the keys to Memorial Stadium to Oklahoma in 1987.

78e5e240f88b517ce92a78537edd6a25.jpg

Broderick Thomas...

I just wish he and Steve Taylor would not have lost the keys to Memorial Stadium to Oklahoma in 1987.

78e5e240f88b517ce92a78537edd6a25.jpg

Or the 1986 game at least one of those 2 games..
86 game we had them beat too..:mad:

Who’s the best to wear #89 in Nebraska history?

Honorable mentions/personal favs?
Broderick Thomas over Junior Miller? No way. Broderick was a bit overrated in my book -- remember that key jangling silliness? -- but Junior was a beast. Regardless, I'm going with the Skeeter, Chuck Malito! Great speed and a star on the track team too.

Reactions: schuele
Broderick Thomas over Junior Miller? No way. Broderick was a bit overrated in my book -- remember that key jangling silliness? -- but Junior was a beast. Regardless, I'm going with the Skeeter, Chuck Malito! Great speed and a star on the track team too.
Good call. I also like Junior Miller over Thomas and was wondering if anyone else would remember Malito. I think he may have been the MVP of that Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl win that is sometimes credited with saving TO's job.

Reactions: Crazyhole

If you like Miller that's ok, but Thomas definitely wasnt overrated. He was a stud at Nebraska.

Good call. I also like Junior Miller over Thomas and was wondering if anyone else would remember Malito. I think he may have been the MVP of that Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl win that is sometimes credited with saving TO's job.
I tailgated with Chuck last fall. He's certainly aged (haven't we all) but still a terrific, outgoing personality. He was a very popular teammate.

2 time 1st team AA
3 time 1st team Big 8
Big 8 defensive player of the year
Runner up to the Butkus.
Drafted 6th overall.
All Husker Century Team

Yeah, what a bum.
Sorry, I stand by it. When you talk all that crap (OU, 1989) and can't back it up, you're a bit overrated to me. Having said that, I realize he was a terrific player, so everybody relax.

Sorry, I stand by it. When you talk all that crap (OU, 1989) and can't back it up, you're a bit overrated to me. Having said that, I realize he was a terrific player, so everybody relax.

You do realize he didn’t play on both sides of the ball..

Nebraska had only 7 points and 177 yards with 3 pass interceptions that day..

Yeah, he said we were going to beat OU. Oh heaven forbid!!! I just hate it when players go into games with that mindset.

And the keys were cool!

ADVERTISEMENT