ADVERTISEMENT

maplesyrup95

Junior
Nov 26, 2014
Where does Ameer end up? Anybody know what system he would fit best in? Not outstanding 40-time, but his intangibles are hard as hell to pass up. I think he makes it as a 5th/6th rounder. Anyone want to throw in their 2 cents?

I think he goes by the 4th round. The 40 is overrated measuring stick. If you look at his quickness and how did in the shuttle and cone drill at the combine, he was either number one or near the top running back.

He has plenty of tangibles. I would guess he is one of the top four running backs taken. I would assume that's before the 6/7 rounds. Fumbling and durability would be greater concerns than his 40.

Seems to be getting some good reviews, despite the average 40 time. One of the ex-NFL players on sports radio here in Denver was talking about how much he likes Ameer. He said Gurley would be the clear #1 if he wasn't injured. As for Gordon, he said he got too much credit for one giant game against Nebraska. At this point, I would be surprised if he's still available at the start of the 4th round.

Gurley is the only back that can play every down . Gordon will get whacked a few times & be done . Ameer , I just don't know about .

Really depends on what scouts think of his hands and his pass pro. I don't see him being picked up with the intention of making him an every-down back. I see a lot of similarities between Ameer and Sproles.

Wouldn't suprise me to see him go late 3rd or 4th to a team looking for a 3rd down/change of pace back who could also be a returner. It's going to help him that he did KR in college, that increases his value.

IMO he fits best in an offense like the Saints or Eagles where they like to spread the field and try to get guys touches in the open field. I could even see a team like the Packers spending a value pick on him, they were putting a WR in the backfield at times last year.

ADVERTISEMENT