ADVERTISEMENT

8 YR contract

-LVhusker-

Walk On
Oct 11, 2018
Was this put in at the insistence of Rhule because he wanted a higher buyout if fired in 4? -OR-
Included by TA to keep him longer and prevent a quick turnaround jump ship as per history?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Was this put in at the insistence of Rhule because he wanted a higher buyout if fired in 4? -OR-
Included by TA to keep him longer and prevent a quick turnaround jump ship as per history?
It doesn't fućking matter bro.

Reactions: jkeb
I looked around trying to see what some contracts the coaches are getting. They range the short end of 6 years with Texas and 10 years with LSU and many other programs.

In my opinion, contracts are written on rice paper and written with disappearing ink. I really do not know why they are used in coaching at any level. The coaches use them for the money grab knowing they are a non-binding and an unenforceable document that they can walk away from at any given moment. Universities and sports franchises use them to pacify the fans and their boards they are accountable to. They also know they can renig on the agreement at any time.

So, you can get all worked up about the contract if you want, but in the long run they mean absolutely nothing. Universities and sports franchises do not know or understand the laws of business, so these so called contracts are for for window dressing only, in the long run the money needed for these are collected and disbursed through us, the fans. Stop watching TV, going to the games, buying memorabilia, because your money will never be spent with wisdom or accountability.

I was hoping the Panthers were going to be paying him on the front end of the contract and NEB is back loading the payment. We shall see.....

This will be non-politically correct, but so many people here think Nebraska is one of the hot ladies in college football. We are the overweight gal that has the potential to be a trophy wife with some hard work, but not everybody wants to take a chance on what could be versus what is.

My guess is that it likely was the final sticking point demanded by his agent and Trev had to cave to get him.

Dude was giving up stacks of free cash to coach again. The deal had to be massive.

In an industry where contract extensions are handed out like Halloween candy, what difference does it make? Frost got an extension after two horrible seasons, and most people insisted it was absolutely necessary because NU had to show the world he was their guy. Otherwise, he can't recruit!!!

So in my mind, there's something to be said for dropping that stupid dog-and-pony show and just giving him an 8-year deal.

Last edited:
I looked around trying to see what some contracts the coaches are getting. They range the short end of 6 years with Texas and 10 years with LSU and many other programs.

In my opinion, contracts are written on rice paper and written with disappearing ink. I really do not know why they are used in coaching at any level. The coaches use them for the money grab knowing they are a non-binding and an unenforceable document that they can walk away from at any given moment. Universities and sports franchises use them to pacify the fans and their boards they are accountable to. They also know they can renig on the agreement at any time.

So, you can get all worked up about the contract if you want, but in the long run they mean absolutely nothing. Universities and sports franchises do not know or understand the laws of business, so these so called contracts are for for window dressing only, in the long run the money needed for these are collected and disbursed through us, the fans. Stop watching TV, going to the games, buying memorabilia, because your money will never be spent with wisdom or accountability.
Huh, this makes absolutely zero sense. Contract law is quite set in stone and these are real contracts with real legal standing. Which is obviously going to be the case when you're talking about multi-million dollar deals.

In an industry where contract extensions are handed out like Halloween candy, what difference does it make? Frost got an extension after two horrible seasons, and most people insisted it was absolutely necessary because NU had to show the world he was their guy. Otherwise, he can't recruit!!!

So in my mind, there's something to be said for dropping that stupid dog-and-pony show and just giving him an 8-year deal.
I agree to an extent. Yeah the justification for Frost’s contract extension was completely asinine. But we're going to end up extending the new coach for one stupid reason or another, might as well get it over with early.

I wondered a little about that too when a fan from the East coast indicated that the natives in Unhappy Valley were a little restless

8-10 year contracts more and more the norm...take a look around major P5 programs and their coaches contracts
This. His contract won’t be a top 20 contract in a year from now. He’s a tier 2 that we could afford. No other big time coach is going to try and recruit here. At least not for more than a year or two.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
This. His contract won’t be a top 20 contract in a year from now. He’s a tier 2 that we could afford. No other big time coach is going to try and recruit here. At least not for more than a year or two.
Lol. Your tier one is awfully small.

MR is getting paid by the panthers until 2027. The NU contract had to extend beyond that to have any financial value to Rhule
That's what I'd like to know - how much of the $9 million x 8 years is coming out of Carolina's pocket. Unlike them, if he flops here no one is going to pick up a significant portion of his contract.

Why do you care?
Of course it doesn’t affect me personally, but I’d rather look critically at world events than accept them at face value. This has more relevance in my world than the World Cup or Ukraine, so it gets a critical view.
There’s some other smart people on here that can contribute to that review of the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT