ADVERTISEMENT

79 days: Greatest #79 in Husker history?

It's hard to compare eras, and I never got to see Sam Francis, Tom Novak or Bob Brown play. But I feel Rich Glover is the best player NU has ever had, regardless of uniform number.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Can anyone pick another player that wore 79 that would deserve honorable mention..
Pretty hard when they retired his number.

Obviously Rich Glover is a household name..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It's hard to compare eras, and I never got to see Sam Francis, Tom Novak or Bob Brown play. But I feel Rich Glover is the best player NU has ever had, regardless of uniform number.
Interesting. I see that as Will Shields, but then I watch Phillips run the ball and think maybe ...

Reactions: schuele
Interesting. I see that as Will Shields, but then I watch Phillips run the ball and think maybe ...
Oh yeah, there are definitely others in the conversation. I always come back to Glover because he went up against some great offensive lines that game-planned and game-planned and game-planned for him - but still couldn't even slow him down. Suh was like that as a senior, but Glover had three remarkable seasons.

If one were to use the best player "pound for pound" qualifier he might be the best to ever play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT