ADVERTISEMENT

77 NFL players test positive

This "pandemic" is over.

Updated Aug. 24, 2020

"If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms:
  • You do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one.
    • A negative test does not mean you will not develop an infection from the close contact or contract an infection at a later time.
  • You should monitor yourself for symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should evaluate yourself under the considerations set forth above.
  • You should strictly adhere to CDC mitigation protocols, especially if you are interacting with a vulnerable individual. You should adhere to CDC guidelines to protect vulnerable individuals with whom you live."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

Start B1G fall sports back up and for God's sake let the kids go back to school normally.

This "pandemic" is over.

I like to look at the numbers because to me it is just interesting to compare and contrast.

So New York has had to date about 435,000 cases of Covid, and what 32,500 deaths. Texas, Florida and Arizona the most recent hot spots have a combined 1,400,000 cases and 27,400 deaths. Seems like the virus is losing steam to me. I mean with all the beaches open and all the bars open and governors who drug their feet putting mask mandates in place. Then throw in the damn vain rednecks who are worried about how they look in masks, and choosing not to wear them, shouldn’t those death numbers be in the 90,000 range? Again if there is no chance of herd immunity and now some asymptomatic dude in Hong Kong getting it for the second time, I figure New York should be at 50,000 deaths at a minimum of 600,000 cases.

To correctly compare anything to New York you have to account for testing.

Here he gives a breakdown of number of tests and puts the cases/tests in perspective.

This "pandemic" is over.

Updated Aug. 24, 2020

"If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms:
  • You do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one.
    • A negative test does not mean you will not develop an infection from the close contact or contract an infection at a later time.
  • You should monitor yourself for symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should evaluate yourself under the considerations set forth above.
  • You should strictly adhere to CDC mitigation protocols, especially if you are interacting with a vulnerable individual. You should adhere to CDC guidelines to protect vulnerable individuals with whom you live."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

Start B1G fall sports back up and for God's sake let the kids go back to school normally.

This "pandemic" is over.

Updated Aug. 27, 2020

"Testing

Should I be tested for a current infection?

Maybe; not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19.

If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, call your healthcare provider first. Most people will have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care and may not need to be tested.

CDC has guidance for who should be tested, but decisions about testing are made by state and local health departments and healthcare providers."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#Testing

This "pandemic" is over.

Updated Aug. 27, 2020

"Testing

Should I be tested for a current infection?

Maybe; not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19.

If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, call your healthcare provider first. Most people will have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care and may not need to be tested.

CDC has guidance for who should be tested, but decisions about testing are made by state and local health departments and healthcare providers."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#Testing

Did I happen to mention?

This "pandemic" is over.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
There will never be a 100% accurate fool-proof test. We've got to learn to live with that reality. BUT there are advances in testing being made all the time. Given how relatively recent this whole epidemic is, there's been some impressive progress.

Now there's the new saliva test developed with NBA sponsorship. And there's the new $5 15 minute Abbott test just announced and approved for emergency use that Abbott claims will be 97% to 98% accurate and manufactured to the tune of 50 million units a month beginning in October. And undoubtedly there will be more testing advances yet to come.

I'm hopeful that one day the ultimate test will be a mass-produced rapid, cheap, home-based and accurate saliva test. It's not available yet but I'll bet there are people working on its development.

Lazy. Thats like saying that 99.99999% of the world is still alive so this isn't a big deal.
So let me understand, you're in denial that there is a pandemic because 800,000+ (and counting) worldwide deaths is just some "lazy statistic" and not at all real? OK, sounds totally logical. The folks lying in their graves might beg to differ but who cares because they're not going to be doing much talking any more. ;)

Each to his own logic but I think that the deaths are the reason the majority of people think there actually is a global pandemic. There's no need to make it more complicated than that to prove a pandemic exists.

So let me understand, you're in denial that there is a pandemic because 800,000+ (and counting) worldwide deaths is just some "lazy statistic" and not at all real? OK, sounds totally logical. The folks lying in their graves might beg to differ but who cares because they're not going to be doing much talking any more. ;)

Each to his own logic but I think that the deaths are the reason the majority of people think there actually is a global pandemic. There's no need to make it more complicated than that to prove a pandemic exists.

Let's put it in perspective:

Since this virus was unleashed on the world, every day you wake up you have a 1 in 2,187,500 chance of dying while having the virus. Take that number times 6% (according to the CDC) and you'll find the odds of dying from it and nothing else. It's basically a 1 in 37 million chance that you'll die from it and only it.

Let's put it in perspective:

Since this virus was unleashed on the world, every day you wake up you have a 1 in 2,187,500 chance of dying while having the virus. Take that number times 6% (according to the CDC) and you'll find the odds of dying from it and nothing else. It's basically a 1 in 37 million chance that you'll die from it and only it.
:confused: well now that you put it that way....

Ok so honest question for those who agree with the quarantine. If immunity isn’t not permanent, what is the end game? Is this just the new normal?

When 90%+ of the dead are older people with comorbidities it's definitely not a traditional pandemic.

Don't most nursing home residents die within the 1st 6 months of going there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT