ADVERTISEMENT

75% of Tennessee Team Entering Transfer Portal

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
At least that's what is being reported. Ha, let the vultures begin picking over the Tennessee carcus!

There is some "high paid" talent being made available. I'd be very careful though if I was a middling Tennessee player not to enter the portal that quickly, they might not find a home with a scholarship. No problem of course for the top notch talent.

I know we only have 2 spots, but you’d think we could make it 3 and try to pick up at least 1 from Tennessee

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
How about Quavaris Crouch? I remember him from the 2019 recruiting class

What will happen is that Tennessee will hire a new coaching staff. Once they do they'll go into the portal and reconstruct/rebuild a new team from basically scratch. But nothing positive can happen until they get a new staff in place. Meanwhile the existing players are going to flee.

That actually might be a good thing (with emphasis on "might") IF the offensive and defensive schemes are very different with the new staff. They won't have to fit square pegs into round holes as they can essentially begin anew as long as the 25 annual scholarship limit doesn't foul them up. Don't know how that works in this case.

I seem to recall in the past a lot of guys on this board complaining (rightfully I believe) that it was wrong that players make a commitment and are stuck at a school where the coach takes a better paying job elsewhere right after they sign. How is this any different? Sure a lot of these guys probably committed to the school after being promised a tractor or something (isn't how they got Shaq in that basketball movie?), but the coach they wanted to play for is gone now. They are now like that kid from Alabama said a few years ago after he lost his job to Tua, a free agent. I think that was his dad saying out loud what they are supposed to keep quiet. As the world turns in the SEC though.

What will happen is that Tennessee will hire a new coaching staff. Once they do they'll go into the portal and reconstruct/rebuild a new team from basically scratch. But nothing positive can happen until they get a new staff in place. Meanwhile the existing players are going to flee.

That actually might be a good thing (with emphasis on "might") IF the offensive and defensive schemes are very different with the new staff. They won't have to fit square pegs into round holes as they can essentially begin anew as long as the 25 annual scholarship limit doesn't foul them up. Don't know how that works in this case.

The issue is they need to hire an AD first. That will take some time.

My guess is UT rolls with Steele for 2021 while they get their house in order. Very similar to what Illinois did with Bill Cubit after the Beckman scandal.

Reactions: Mikesparks1
Wonder how much money we can fit in a Runza bag or a Valentino’s Pizza Box? Winking

sack_mockup.png

EFKbOxZXkAAeb_-.jpg

Last edited:
Last I saw there were only 4 Tennessee players in the portal. Maybe there are more but that’s all I could find right now. Where could they all go?

Kevin Steele has only been at Tennessee for a week, those players barely know him, and certainly have no loyalty to him.
What is he supposed to do, hold them at gunpoint and tell them they can’t leave?
pay them to stay

Reactions: 54T and timnsun
Tennessee hiring UCF's athletic director. Why would he want to walk into that mess?

Just 9 months ago he signed a big 5 -year contract at UCF saying, "I have no intention of seriously considering or looking at any other opportunity. Never considered anything. I'm really committed to being here."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT