ADVERTISEMENT

#7 Season Highlights

I'm all in on the #7 hype train. Hopefully Frost makes the right decision this fall.
Just wait til the fanbase gets a taste of Smothers running the ball. The same honks who had Adrian going in the first round this April with a Heisman on his mantle, who are now crowning Luke the next great thing, will be all aboard the Logan Smothers for President bus.

The good news is that we're going to have 4 QBs available next season so if one of them, ahem, is injured in fall camp and isn't right all year, he can be shut down to heal.

I like Luke's running style better than Adrian's, but Martinez when healthy is the better passer. We shall see what we shall see.

Just wait til the fanbase gets a taste of Smothers running the ball. The same honks who had Adrian going in the first round this April with a Heisman on his mantle, who are now crowning Luke the next great thing, will be all aboard the Logan Smothers for President bus.

The good news is that we're going to have 4 QBs available next season so if one of them, ahem, is injured in fall camp and isn't right all year, he can be shut down to heal.

I like Luke's running style better than Adrian's, but Martinez when healthy is the better passer. We shall see what we shall see.

Agree, however we haven't really seen Luke throw too much. I love what he brings as a runner and when we have a stable of backs and JD, Wandale and a deep threat the offense you could create would be really dynamic.

I guess, he may bring more to the table as a runner and we run 60% then his throws and routes wouldn't have to be that tough.

What about all the geniuses who said Tanner Lee was a first round pick?

Those little dump off throws are easy for Luke.. something Adrian has lots of trouble with.. maybe it's his non throwing shoulder issue, or not.. Once in awhile, he does throw a nice intermediate ball, but that is about it.

Tanner Lee was never going to be good.. You could see that from his win/loss record at Tulane before he got here.. But tell some middle aged Nebraska fans that he has a quick release, and they all creamed themselves.

Whoever the QB is, we need a lot more out of the position. It's crystal clear watching Luke's "highlight" reel how little they trusted him to do last season. Pretty limited play sheet.

Whoever the QB is, we need a lot more out of the position. It's crystal clear watching Luke's "highlight" reel how little they trusted him to do last season. Pretty limited play sheet.
Yeah and very run-heavy. But I really like the way he operates in the option game. He's got an excellent eye for whether to give, keep, or pitch. He'd be a kid you'd love to see in the old Osborne offense.

Reactions: mgbreis
After seeing the success New Orleans had running Taysom Hill a few series a game we could do something like that with Martinez and Luke.

source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT