Aug 27 - Northwestern (Dublin) 11:30am central time- FOX
Sept 3 - North Dakota 2:30pm BTN
Sept 10 -Georgia Southern 6:30pm FS1
Sept 17- Oklahoma 11am on FOX
Oct 1 - Indiana 6pm or 6:30pm tba
Oct 7 - @Rutgers (Friday) 6pm FS1
Nov 25- @Iowa sucks 3pm on BTN

Reactions: IowaFansR_Buffoons
Only 2 of those 7 games have earlier than noon kick offs. Good for the Nebraska fans but also remember the 11:00 slot is the money slot for TV meaning other than Oklahoma none of them really are considered huge national draws. Kind of surprised that Nebraska-Iowa only merits BTN.

Something interesting to consider about the game in Ireland:

Game will kick off at 5:30 local time in Dublin. The game should finish between 9:30 to 10 pm local time. After the team meets with the media, showers, and eats, they will probably be looking at a 12 am departure from Dublin.

It is a 10 hour flight to Lincoln. But during that flight, they will gain 6 hours, meaning they should all touch down around 4 am local time.

When Nebraska travels to Rutgers later on in the season, they will potentially fly out from NYC around 12 am local time. They gain an hour en route to Lincoln on a 4 hour flight. They will likely touch down around 3 am in Lincoln.

While sitting on a plane for 10 hours is never comfortable, I think anyone who complains about the effects of jet lag on Nebraska the following week are being ignorant. It will basically have the same time effect as playing at Rutgers.

One thing I would add is they better win in Ireland... LOL. I bet it will be much easier to sleep on the way home after a W.

On the positive side, we'll know by around 230pm CT on Aug 27 if the team is in for another shitty year, and a new head coach in December.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Something interesting to consider about the game in Ireland:

Game will kick off at 5:30 local time in Dublin. The game should finish between 9:30 to 10 pm local time. After the team meets with the media, showers, and eats, they will probably be looking at a 12 am departure from Dublin.

It is a 10 hour flight to Lincoln. But during that flight, they will gain 6 hours, meaning they should all touch down around 4 am local time.

When Nebraska travels to Rutgers later on in the season, they will potentially fly out from NYC around 12 am local time. They gain an hour en route to Lincoln on a 4 hour flight. They will likely touch down around 3 am in Lincoln.

While sitting on a plane for 10 hours is never comfortable, I think anyone who complains about the effects of jet lag on Nebraska the following week are being ignorant. It will basically have the same time effect as playing at Rutgers.

One thing I would add is they better win in Ireland... LOL. I bet it will be much easier to sleep on the way home after a W.
Disagree. The number of time zones one traverses is much more material than you allude to here. …and you have to adjust on both ends. It takes days…ideally a week…even for some of the young stud athletes…especially those who have never traveled like this before.

Reactions: saluno22
Disagree. The number of time zones one traverses is much more material than you allude to here. …and you have to adjust on both ends. It takes days…ideally a week…even for some of the young stud athletes…especially those who have never traveled like this before.
100% correct. I have traveled to the UK for work quite a few times and I usually feel worse trying to adjust when I'm there than when I get back home. Jet lag is a bitch, especially since I have a really hard time sleeping on planes.

Rutgers on Friday just sucks. No way to drive up, see the game and come home to the DMV area in the same day. So hotel and day off work if I want to go see two middling football teams play. Why Kevin, why?

I know why….TV.

Rutgers on Friday just sucks. No way to drive up, see the game and come home to the DMV area in the same day. So hotel and day off work if I want to go see two middling football teams play. Why Kevin, why?

I know why….TV.
Rutgers game works for me. My daughter lives a half an hour from there and I will crash at her place after the game. Still... your point is well taken and these Friday night games are just silly in my view and are nothing more than creations of the TV networks. My daughter's husband is from Jersey and is a big Rutgers fan and he was complaining to me that it is already super hard for Rutgers to get fans to show up on a Saturday and that they rarely fill their tiny stadium (holds around 52,000 I think) as it is. It will be even harder to convince fans to go to a game right after work. He said it is good though that it is against Nebraska since all of the Nebraskans who live in the I-95 corridor will come to the game and fill the place. I know we did last time... Rutgers fans are very nice, however, and took it in stride...

Reactions: HuskerJag

I know why….TV.

they pitched this as a Saturday game .. but no TV networks would pick it up

so it was either a Saturday game but not televised or a Friday game that would be televised.

they pitched this as a Saturday midday game .. but no TV networks would pick it up

so it was either a Saturday game but not televised or a Friday game that would be televised.
oh, okay. now I see why you just repeat the same thing over and over.

you're just an absolute lackwit.

one day, perhaps, an iowa fan with just a single ounce of creativity will emerge from the throngs who come here daily to pay homage to the thing that's cucked you all for generations: Nebraska Football

we can all dream, right

Reactions: nwualum
oh, okay. now I see why you just repeat the same thing over and over.

you're just an absolute lackwit.

one day, perhaps, an iowa fan with just a single ounce of creativity will emerge from the throngs who come here daily to pay homage to the thing that's cucked you all for generations: Nebraska Football

we can all dream, right
I’m now hearing that this game may not be televised live …. they are seeing if tape delay is an option

I’m now hearing that this game may not be televised live …. they are seeing if tape delay is an option
this is sadly what we've come to expect after joining the mickey mouse league that is the B1G (insert non-creative moronic 'you're in last place!' comment here)

well, that and utterly brainless iowegians' never-subsiding boners for all things Nebraska Football

this is sadly what we've come to expect after joining the mickey mouse league that is the B1G (insert non-creative moronic 'you're in last place!' comment here)

you’ll get no argument from me - the big ten has always been run by clowns

i mean who invests in a washed up program that is decades removed from any type of relevance

it’d be like purchasing stock in commodore computers

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
you’ll get no argument from me - the big ten has always been run by clowns

i mean who invests in a washed up program that is decades removed from any type of relevance

it’d be like purchasing stock in commodore computers
called it!

it's just too easy with you dipshits. thank goodness for the government program that grants you access to the internet.

mcaff.0.gif

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Damn. OU at 11:00. I was planning on coming out for that game. I might have to reassess my choice of games. Still leaning toward OU game, but crap, crap, crap.
So we go to a road game each season and the early starts are awesome, at the time...but what sucks is after the game, it just gets boring. So I totally get it, if I was you...the 11am time would be a turnoff because you know that come 3pm your day is sort of done.

wait.. what's this? I'm getting word that today's iowa baseball game (in the B1G tournament, no less) was, in fact, shown on BTN on tape delay.

this cannot be factual, can it, iowa fan?

extremely brutal if true

Two 6:30 kicks early in the season? I guess maybe we are starting to patch things up with Kevin Warren. Thank you scheduling gods! NU marketing department...get Thunderstruck ready!!!

My daughter's husband is from Jersey and is a big Rutgers fan and he was complaining to me that it is already super hard for Rutgers to get fans to show up on a Saturday and that they rarely fill their tiny stadium (holds around 52,000 I think) as it is. It will be even harder to convince fans to go to a game right after work.
C'mon now, NY/NJ Rutgers alums leave the office around 3:30-4:00 most days and definitely wrap things up earlier on Friday afternoon. If you're 9-5 hourly, I get it but 80% of their alums have plenty of room on the schedule to make a game. The real problem with Rutgers football is fan apathy.

100% correct. I have traveled to the UK for work quite a few times and I usually feel worse trying to adjust when I'm there than when I get back home. Jet lag is a bitch, especially since I have a really hard time sleeping on planes.
Everyone is affected differently. I don't sleep on planes...at all...unless they bump me to first with a horizontal bed...which almost never happens.

Key's to stave off jet lag:
* NO NAPS. Period. You go on local time upon arrival (almost always early morning in Europe). Do what you have to do to avoid naps. Caffeine. Walks, Workouts. Whatever. Go to bed at bedtime local time. Naps will prolong jet lag big time.
* Exercise. Even if you don't feel like it at all, get a run in...or similar.
* Get up at local "get up" time. Preferably earlier than you do at home.
* Again, no naps...the whole time you are in the different time zone.
* Get some sun. Some sunshine will help reset your circadian rhythm. Do this even if it is cloudy (or even raining). Get some daytime outdoor time.

That's it. It would be interesting to know how early our guys will arrive (I'm guessing a week or so) and what their regimen will be to help them be as fresh as possible. It is not a trivial obstacle to overcome.

GBR!

Everyone is affected differently. I don't sleep on planes...at all...unless they bump me to first with a horizontal bed...which almost never happens.

Key's to stave off jet lag:
* NO NAPS. Period. You go on local time upon arrival (almost always early morning in Europe). Do what you have to do to avoid naps. Caffeine. Walks, Workouts. Whatever. Go to bed at bedtime local time. Naps will prolong jet lag big time.
* Exercise. Even if you don't feel like it at all, get a run in...or similar.
* Get up at local "get up" time. Preferably earlier than you do at home.
* Again, no naps...the whole time you are in the different time zone.
* Get some sun. Some sunshine will help reset your circadian rhythm. Do this even if it is cloudy (or even raining). Get some daytime outdoor time.

That's it. It would be interesting to know how early our guys will arrive (I'm guessing a week or so) and what their regimen will be to help them be as fresh as possible. It is not a trivial obstacle to overcome.

GBR!

You would “hope” the football and training staff have been preparing for this situation ahead of the trip.

Every game is on TV , you can’t be that thick can you!

You would “hope” the football and training staff have been preparing for this situation ahead of the trip.
Indeed. It HAS to be top of mind. I'd prefer to see a bye week after this game. Preparation will be stymied before and after this game given sleep management challenges. I'm a suck it up and 'git r done' guy, so I don't even like 'going there.' However, proper rest is important for optimal performance. North Dakota is set up nicely on this one.

That's not true at all. Every Big Ten game is guaranteed to be on BTN at a minimum. Rutgers wanted it on Friday night because it was their only chance to play a night game.

General rule of thumb I've used is the number of time zones changed is about the number of days it takes to adjust.

ADVERTISEMENT