ADVERTISEMENT

5555th post - Five things I'm looking forward to this fall... (a little long)

KnightedHusker

Assistant Head Coach
Nov 3, 2004
Twin Cities
With my 5555th post, I wanted to share FIVE things I'm looking forward to as a fan during this fall from the football team at the University of Nebraska:
  1. Four home games for me in Lincoln this year. I love the crowd, the RED, the wiener schlinger, the pre-game band marching thingee, the drum off, bloody marys, the balloons, the Tunnel Walk, the game, the game the game. Heck, I even like the fat guy sitting on top of me in my 13" of butt room, while the guy behind me jabs in the back with his knees. I love it all. I love showing up in Minnesota on Monday to work being barely able to talk, and explaining, "my guys won, and man we were loud." I'm okay being that guy.
  2. Miami trip. I can't wait to be in Miami with my son for the game. We have won four in a row with him and I attending together (dating back to the OSU comeback record setting game). I hope there's a ton of RED and that it is a big day for the BIG RED on the field. This to me is our 'coming out party' with HCMR.
  3. I am jacked to see a good competitor for the opener in BYU. And I'm jacked to see what this team does in that game.
  4. Coaching impact. I like the look of coaches that really know the game and it's nuances and know how to coach that to their players. I'm particularly interested in how vivid the QB and OL differences are this year on offense and how well we tackle and stop the run on defense. If this group of coaches are as good as they sound, there will be tangible improvement in those very needy areas.
  5. This is the one important thing I'm looking forward to this year - I genuinely like Mike Riley as the head coach and like how he represents the state and the University of Nebraska. I think he's a good coach and he can mentor and coach a team to it's potential (hope). But what I really love is what he offers up as a person. He seems like he's been a Nebraskan his whole life - he just didn't know it.
Oh, there is one more thing. I'm buying tickets for the conference title game, and I'm not expecting a 'courtesy visit.' I'm fired up to the good guys to win the B1G this year. I think we get there and I think we represent well. Hell, we may even win.

Every season, I start with the same enthusiasm I always have - I'm surely a 'glass is half full' type person. As my late father so eloquently stated years ago when I asked him if he was a 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' man, "So, you are telling me in this world with oceans of opportunity, all you have is a glass?"

2015 is a year with oceans of opportunity, with this schedule, this division, our talent level, and a coach who appears to be able to keep an even enough sense of the moment that we don't panic away games.

GO BIG RED!

What are you looking forward to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News