ADVERTISEMENT

54 days: Best #54 in Husker history

rrthusker

Administrator
Jul 24, 2001
This is a very difficult choice with at least 3 guys worthy of being the best. Personally I
like Aaron Graham and Rik Bonness.

Reactions: saluno22
Aaron Graham and Dominic Raiola are my picks.

Honorable Mention futures consideration: Bryce Benhart ;)

Reactions: huntered
Rik Bonness and Doug Dumler. Dumler was a three year starter for two National Championship teams.
Dumler is a good pick. He would have gotten way more postseason honors if his career hadn't coincided with Tom Brahaney's at Oklahoma. Brahaney was a beast.

Last edited:
Dumler is a good pick. He would have gotten way more postseason honors is his career hadn't coincided with Tom Brahaney's at Oklahoma. Brahaney was a beast.

And I believe Brahaney was from Omaha..

Dumler is a good pick. He would have gotten way more postseason honors is his career hadn't coincided with Tom Brahaney's at Oklahoma. Brahaney was a beast.

Brahaney had a tough day against Rich Glover in 1971. He was drafted right behind Dumler in the fifth round (1973 draft) and had a nice career with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Lol. You can always tell who the elder statesmen are on here. Who the hell are Bonness and Dumler? Laughing

I resemble that remark!

1a91d09a2964d055815d4df1f7e3d943.jpeg

Reactions: saluno22
Graham and Raiola are the two that jump to mind that I saw play.

Railoa may be underrated because of how we feel about the span of years he played in and it coinciding with the early part of the decline of NU football. Doesn't help his legacy that he subsequently ending up on a wretched Detroit Lions team, and also he had a tendency to stray into dirty and classless territory from time to time.

I bet practice reps got interesting between him and Suh.

Started as a freshman, set a pancake record as a soph, topped it as a junior, was consensus 1st team All-America, won the Rimington Trohpy, went pro. Tough to have a much more impactful college career than that.

Your’re right.. I think his names was Jones..
Correct. Ken Jones from Burke HS. I have no idea how he went form Omaha to OU.
Cool thing about Dumler -- while Brahaney got all the college accolades, Dumler was not only drafted in front of him, he was drafted by Chuck Fairbanks, who had coached Brahaney at OU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT