ADVERTISEMENT

514 yards on Offense, 462 came from freshman and sophomores

uberism1111

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 28, 2019
I get the feeling that there are people out there that don't realize where the production is coming from and how good the future is going to be once Frost has all of his guys in place on offense and the depth built with the right body/athletic types.

In yesterday's game there was a total of 514 total yards gained. Freshman and sophomores accounted for 462 of those 514 yards.

And that was without Washington even on campus anymore.

Yes I know it was Indiana, but that isn't the point. The point is who is putting up the production. They are freshmen and sophomores. Then we have the incoming recruits that are going to produce too (who and how much is TBD, but there will be production from some).

One can cry and moan about being 4-4 right now after a 4-8 season, but if that is all you are doing, then you are missing what is right in front of your eyes, the future of the offense is already producing basically all of the offensive production. In two years when these guys are upperclassmen, this offense is going to be lethal.

The main challenge for the offense for the future is to get those freshman lineman developed ASAP.

It won’t matter if he never fields a defense. At this point, I would say it’s very questionable he can even win the division with Chinander by his side.

I don’t think many question if Frost can get the offense rolling. You can’t win the Big Ten if you don’t play defense.

It won’t matter if he never fields a defense. At this point, I would say it’s very questionable he can even win the division with Chinander by his side.

I don’t think many question if Frost can get the offense rolling. You can’t win the Big Ten if you don’t play defense.
I'll give Chin a couple of years. Coach Frost is a smart guy. Naive as a P5 head coach but smart.

If this defense isn't top 20 across the board and we're still having to outscore people to win late in the fourth q, then we'll see if he does the prudent thing or pulls a Callahan and sinks the ship.

These dorks on this board would have fired T.O in 92'...woulda said good riddance if he left for Colorado...I can't wait when Frost wins 10 a year but can't win the big one, then wins 12 a year but has too many close games...bunch of losers.

Reactions: piercebs
How is the view from your high horse, DBag? You have all the answers don’t you? You’re just another blowhard with an opinion, just like the rest of us.

Time for you to self-fornicate.

These dorks on this board would have fired T.O in 92'...woulda said good riddance if he left for Colorado...I can't wait when Frost wins 10 a year but can't win the big one, then wins 12 a year but has too many close games...bunch of losers.

Enjoy your wait, it’s going to be awhile. I’ll tip my hat if Frost gets there and Chinander is still around. That seems like a pipe dream right now.

Reactions: jeans15
I have zero doubt that Frost would replace Chins if it ever gets to that point.

Me neither. What do you think he was thinking about when he bent over to mess with his shoes yesterday? He knows the D has been a dumpster fire against anyone with a pulse.

T.O didn't lose to teams like Indiana or Minnesota or get blown out by Minnesota or Iowa. Loser.

I have to ask. Did you play high school football or above?

If it were up to fans Nebraska would have 0 national titles.

It is bull shit to lay blame on the fans in anyway shape or form. Grow up and learn what you are watching.. It is not the fans letting receivers run wide open on 3rd and 12. It is not fans fumbling the ball. It is not fans allowing the QB to scramble for 20 yards on 3rd and 16. The fans are the ones responsible for each and everyone of those players having scholarships. Grow up and realize what you are watching is a shit show and it is on the coaches and coaches ALONE!!!

It is bull shit to lay blame on the fans in anyway shape or form. Grow up and learn what you are watching.. It is not the fans letting receivers run wide open on 3rd and 12. It is not fans fumbling the ball. It is not fans allowing the QB to scramble for 20 yards on 3rd and 16. The fans are the ones responsible for each and everyone of those players having scholarships. Grow up and realize what you are watching is a shit show and it is on the coaches and coaches ALONE!!!

so, rutgers doesn't give scholarships?

you are as responsible for the players' benefits as you are for their play on the field. that you think the players answer to fans or owe you anything shows just how bitter and entitled you are.

also, just a memo to the board as a whole: the plural of freshman is freshmen.

We recognized that TO was bringing in a bunch of murderers, so we realized he was figuring it out and voila, national titles! As soon as Frost starts bringin them in, we fans will be good and will fully embrace him

I was not talking about Rutgers, I was talking about Nebraska and people blaming the fans for poor play. If you want to be stupid and not read what is written there is nothing I can do about that!
you said, and I quote, "The fans are the ones responsible for each and everyone of those players having scholarships."

if you really believe that, it's you who's got some growing up to do.

It is not on the coaches ALONE. Many, many things are at play here.

And if you believe that the fans are responsible for poor play you are even more ignorant than I thought! And that is saying a lot!

And if you believe that the fans are responsible for poor play you are even more ignorant than I thought! And that is saying a lot!
fans are responsible for being fans. or not. nothing more, nothing less.

and they are owed nothing as a result.

Fans are theri own stupidity majority of the time. TO would have been fired. Devany would not have been approved for hire. People want a new OC and new DC every year. It's the same dumb stuff that happens in all fanbases. Coaches live it the day to day of the real world and know what 99.99 percent to fans will never know.

To ack like fans know everything and are always right is just dumb.

Then stop charging for tickets. Give out food and drink for free.
you're welcome to not attend. nobody's forcing you to be a fan.

those dollars don't go toward scholarships, anyway. hence the rutgers comment.

Actually the football program and the proceeds it generates donates millions of dollars every year to the University. The football program and all the athletic programs at Nebraska are funded by the dollars generated by the football program. That is all on account of the FANS! Research it yourself if you believe I am wrong but I am not.

Actually the football program and the proceeds it generates donates millions of dollars every year to the University. The football program and all the athletic programs at Nebraska are funded by the dollars generated by the football program. That is all on account of the FANS! Research it yourself if you believe I am wrong but I am not.
so, teams with less fans give less scholarships to their football players? okay.

Football players from universities like Rutgers are not taken care of like players from Neb are and that is a direct result of the support the fans give the program here in Neb. Change it all you want that is factual! Play your little games somewhere else. Stop acting as if the supporters of the football program do nothing to help the program. That is just ridiculous!

Football players from universities like Rutgers are not taken care of like players from Neb are and that is a direct result of the support the fans give the program here in Neb. Change it all you want that is factual! Play your little games somewhere else. Stop acting as if the supporters of the football program do nothing to help the program. That is just ridiculous!
it's 'little games' to directly quote your post ("The fans are the ones responsible for each and everyone of those players having scholarships.") and call you an incorrect, entitled whiner?

or is it merely an accurate comment? sorry your butt hurts so bad.

According to BTN the 4th time the Huskers have gained 500+ yards and lost during Frost's tenure.
Exactly... the defense doesnt even have to be elite.. let alone great... i think most of us would and should expect a good defense.. anything less than good gets these 4 losses your talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT