ADVERTISEMENT

5 Star McGowens, Breidenbach and Tominaga

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Will give this Fred Hoiberg team a boost.
Too damn bad we can't get these highly recruited instate kids to stay home.
Hoiberg can coach and just needs the right kids in the program.
Obviously, Hoiberg needs kids who can take care of the ball, knock down the shots and hit the free throw.

I am with you that these guys sound solid. That being said it think the key to next seasons success will be determined in attrition season. It’s a problem if there is a mass exodus. I hope walker, teddy, banton, trey, Andre, mayen, and oudrago all return. Feel like then those recruits can elevate us. Hopefully banton does not have to play pg, teddy can play a top tier bench scorer and we can keep a solid post rotation
Will give this Fred Hoiberg team a boost.
Too damn bad we can't get these highly recruited instate kids to stay home.
Hoiberg can coach and just needs the right kids in the program.
Obviously, Hoiberg needs kids who can take care of the ball, knock down the shots and hit the free throw.

Reactions: cornczechs
Is there anyone from the current team that may move on? Wonder if we make a move for any Neb HS players. Ain’t gettin the top 3 (Sallis, Hepburn,Fidler) , but St Thomas could be a nice addition.

Webster is a grad transfer so who knows, thor is a senior, teddy has been journeyman, walker is like 24 yo. I would say those would be the most likely. And then idk if lakes can compete At this level and don’t know much about Elijah wood other than he has not played a lot
Is there anyone from the current team that may move on? Wonder if we make a move for any Neb HS players. Ain’t gettin the top 3 (Sallis, Hepburn,Fidler) , but St Thomas could be a nice addition.

I am with you that these guys sound solid. That being said it think the key to next seasons success will be determined in attrition season. It’s a problem if there is a mass exodus. I hope walker, teddy, banton, trey, Andre, mayen, and oudrago all return. Feel like then those recruits can elevate us. Hopefully banton does not have to play pg, teddy can play a top tier bench scorer and we can keep a solid post rotation
Obviously, no matter what happens. You have to be able to recruit, bringing in better talent year in year out. HOIBERG and Staff can recruit and a Big Plus these guys can coach!
Don't be fooled. HC HOIBERG is one of the tops in College Basketball.
Remember, Hoiberg, replaced all but one player if I recall correctly.
Wait til he gets the right kids in here.
And lets not forget, N has a unbelievable support system in Facilities, Nutrition, Medical & Educational support which is amongst the best in College Basketball.
Stay Tuned

I'd say Trevor Lakes, Elijah Wood, and Akol Arop should all move on...they are just not Big Ten players, and I don't see them cracking the rotation next year with the recruits we have coming in. Though Fred might keep them around if they want to stay, since they seem like good locker room guys...but if they want to play, they'd be better off in the Summit League.

But Fred should absolutely make room for Saint Thomas. He gets over-shadowed by Sallis, but he's actually a better shooter and a solid all-around player.

Reactions: stucknks
My guess (although logic isn't always the best predictor these days):

Trey, Banton, Stevenson, and Teddy should all be back because I can't imagine they would want to have to wait a year to play again. Mayan and Walker should be happy with their roles, so I would guess these are the core returners.

Everyone gets an extra year, so who knows if Thor, Lakes, and Webster will opt in, grad transfer, or get on with their lives post basketball.

Yvan, Andre, and Arop, who knows. Wood did have 18 offers, so he might want to try elsewhere.

My guess (although logic isn't always the best predictor these days):

Trey, Banton, Stevenson, and Teddy should all be back because I can't imagine they would want to have to wait a year to play again. Mayan and Walker should be happy with their roles, so I would guess these are the core returners.

Everyone gets an extra year, so who knows if Thor, Lakes, and Webster will opt in, grad transfer, or get on with their lives post basketball.

Yvan, Andre, and Arop, who knows. Wood did have 18 offers, so he might want to try elsewhere.
Hoping at least 3 move on and 4 wld be good. We need more talent for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: ATX Husker
We will be one over scholarship limit when current recruiting class arrived. I would guess Thor and Webster will move on and I don't think Lakes has the talent to play at this level. If Thor and Webster. leaves we will still be over limit so one more player will have to go.

We will be one over scholarship limit when current recruiting class arrived. I would guess Thor and Webster will move on and I don't think Lakes has the talent to play at this level. If Thor and Webster. leaves we will still be over limit so one more player will have to go.
Yep. Can think of one for sure who needs to move on and it isn't T Allen.

Is there a such thing as a greyshirt in BB? Is Thomas the kind of kid that you'd want to do that for if so. Guess that would depend on what our numbers look like for the next cycle.

We have to get to the point where we can start processing nonperformers, but not the entire team at a time

If we need to make room for a player like Saint Thomas I think Hoieberg needs to let loose someone else..

It’s important to start getting the in state talent which has been more difficult with how well McDermott has done at Creighton..

Yep. Can think of one for sure who needs to move on and it isn't T Allen.
And now we're back to that age old message board practice of thinking that our football and basketball program will keep everyone that we want to keep and get rid of everyone we want them to get rid of. It never works out that way, but hey, 'tis the season!

And now we're back to that age old message board practice of thinking that our football and basketball program will keep everyone that we want to keep and get rid of everyone we want them to get rid of. It never works out that way, but hey, 'tis the season!
Yep yep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT