ADVERTISEMENT

5 Spots Left (Let's Assume). Who else do we land?

DudznSudz

Senior
Feb 4, 2016
My money's on Carson, Crocker, and Tutt.

After that, I couldn't tell you who we land. We need 1 OT, and after that, what?

I would say it's more like 8-10. My guess for positions.

OT
DE
WR
OLB
CB
S

Best available after that.

I could see it getting to 7 or 8 more as of right now.

OT
WR
RB - if Pledger
DE
OLB - if Parsons or Calvert
S
CB

I am still very confident that Conrad and Reimers will be awarded scholarships and I am hearing KJJ will be back (As of now).

I could see Darlington getting a GA job for his 5th year and maybe Anderson and Newell leaving.

IF all of those things happen, we are sitting at 8 more for 2018. But timing is key with regards to guys like Darlington, Anderson and Newell, not only donyou have to know before signing day if the scholarships will be available, you also have to know far enough in advance to know you you have to try and hang on to and who you can tell they won't be in the class.

Reactions: maplesyrup95

OT
WR
RB - if Pledger
DE
S
CB

I am still very confident that Conrad and Reimers will be awarded scholarships and I am hearing KJJ will be back (As of now).

I could see Darlington getting a GA job for his 5th year and maybe Anderson and Newell leaving.

IF all of those things happen, we are sitting at 8 more for 2018. But timing is key with regards to guys like Darlington, Anderson and Newell, not only donyou have to know before signing day if the scholarships will be available, you also have to know far enough in advance to know you you have to try and hang on to and who you can tell they won't be in the class.

If they put Newell at 2nd string do you really think he leaves?

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
A moment of silence for everyone who suggested that 3 months ago when some said we'd take 15?

Everything is time based. There were some folks seemingly wanting the staff to take 21 and then find places for them later.

These folks don't work like that as Riley has said.

I believe when clause did his interview the other day he was at the 17-21 range but thought we'd be on the smaller end of that.

And that was using +2 out of the +3 to offset reimers and Conrad Having 19 or maybe 20 kids in your class with the oversigns included is not a normal year

Reactions: Yossarian23

OT
WR
RB - if Pledger
DE
S
CB

Isn't Newell the backup nose. I thought he was expected to play a number of snaps

Never mind saw your other post

Isn't Newell the backup nose. I thought he was expected to play a number of snaps

What I have deciphered from comments in several articles is that he is just serviceable as a backup. If Daniels, Thomas, Neal, Davis, Davis, Freedom, Stolt et al continue to improve I believe he will be passed up. Just my opinion.

Last time some scholarships came open Clouse thought we'd go after a second OLB and an extra DL.

So there's four. (Parsons, Alston, Carson Thompson?) Griffith and tutt would be taken. Crocker. Maybe a fifth. An OT. Maybe a back or one is already silent. That about well does it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT