2011 - Jadeveon Clowney - #1 pick, 3X pro bowl

2012 - Dorial Green-Beckham - 2nd round pick, NFL flop

2013 - Robert Nkemdiche - #29 pick, NFL bust

2014 - Da'Shawn Hand - 4th round pick, NFL bust

2015 - Byron Cowart - 5th round pick, played little in 3 years

2016 - Rashan Gary - 12th pick, playing well

2017 - Najee Harris - 24th pick, playing well

2018- Trevor Lawrence - 1st pick, more picks than TD’s, TBD

2019 - Derek Stingley Jr - All American in 2019, injuries have limited him in 2021, protected high 1st round pick

2020 - Bryan Breese - 1st team all-ACC as freshman, 3rd team all-ACC as a sophomore
Were these guys number 1 ranked in their recruiting classes coming out of HS?

If he really banked a cool mil, and bolts after a few snaps, he just screwed a lot of kids coming up behind him. I have to assume other kids will not get the $$$ they might have now. Companies will be reluctant to shell out to much cash for the next kid if this becomes a thing.

Yes, by Rivals, the site you are on.
But we're not talking about what they are going or did in the NFL, it's what they did in college and so what I stated is correct as it's not what they did, or doing now it's about their college careers which #1 recruits are hardly ever a bust coming through their respective HS through their college career so I am absolutely correct on what I said.

Last edited:
But we're not talking about what the are or did in the NFL, it's what they did in college and so what I stated is correct as it's not what they did, or doing now it's about their college careers which #1's are hardly ever a bust coming through their respective HS through their college career so I am absolutely correct on what I said.

3 of 6 from 2010 to 2015 were clearly flops even in college as evidence of lower round NFL draft picks and 4 of 6 didn’t make an All-American list in college. So no matter how you try to move the goal post, you’re wrong.

A big time, immature and selfish football player at a position of leadership. He should be a senior in high school and I hope Nebraska isn’t thinking about contacting him.

• Wow
Reactions: headcard
Ewers is headed back to Texas - either Texas or Jimbo and Texas A&M. It's also been reported that he's homesick and he's from Texas. Jimbo has been in his ear in the last couple of months.
Sarkissian is a mistake who will be fired next year. Better go to Jimbo. Much better prospects.

Reactions: headcard
If he really banked a cool mil, and bolts after a few snaps, he just screwed a lot of kids coming up behind him. I have to assume other kids will not get the $$$ they might have now. Companies will be reluctant to shell out to much cash for the next kid if this becomes a thing.
I have been thinking the same thing. if boosters give NIL deals and kids transfer at the first hint of adversity, the booster money will dry up quickly.

in a previous post in this thread, someone mentioned that his NIL deal had a stipulation that he must start 8 games by the end of 2022...that might be a way to protect those paying, so only those that offer a return get paid.

NIL is going to change the landscape for sure.

everyone said he took 2 snaps at ohio state,

but I heard different numbers
some said 1 million others, 1.5 million, other 3 million
that's good pay for 2 hand offs

I have been thinking the same thing. if boosters give NIL deals and kids transfer at the first hint of adversity, the booster money will dry up quickly.

in a previous post in this thread, someone mentioned that his NIL deal had a stipulation that he must start 8 games by the end of 2022...that might be a way to protect those paying, so only those that offer a return get paid.

NIL is going to change the landscape for sure.
Also the relationship with boosters might come into play as well. You might have a scenario we’re a coach might not start a player to save a booster a lot of NiL money for a variety of reasons. Going to get ugly.

Also the relationship with boosters might come into play as well. You might have a scenario we’re a coach might not start a player to save a booster a lot of NiL money for a variety of reasons. Going to get ugly.
These first few years will have unintended consequences for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT