ADVERTISEMENT

5* Mique Juarez - #1 Player in CA, #1 LB - #8 Overall

Husk10

All-American
Dec 3, 2005
Texas
I found this quote interesting after reading an article on the USC board, dated 6/22/2015.

"Right now Oregon for sure because I have the Opening and Nebraska I'm waiting on for the first day of my senior year so I can actually take that official trip," Juarez said. "So that's the big one that I'm really interested in."

MJ was recruited by Bray when the staff was still at OSU and when Bray came to NU, MJ reached out to him because of some pretty legit interest in NU.

Over the last 5 Class ('16 Included) USC has pulled in:

2016 - 2 LBs (1 - 5*, 1 - 3*)
2015 - 4 LBs (2 - 5*, 2 - 4*)
2014 - 0 LBs
2013 - 2 LBs (2 - 4*)
2012 - 2 LBs (2 - 4*)

So, essentially, an embarrassment of riches at the position for USC. A vast difference, when compared to what NU is working with.

If you watch MJ's film, it's apparent, this kid might might start from Day 1.

Thoughts?

https://rivals.yahoo.com/usc/football/recruiting/player-Mique-Juarez-163025

I love the apparent success this staff is having in California and Colorado! Historically, NU has been able to pull talent from both of these states and this new staff is definitely on top of it. I'm sure Nebraska's depth chart at LB won't scare away any top LB recruit. I know the kid is committed to USC, but it would be great to get this kid in for a visit. He definitely fits the profile of a three down outside linebacker-- good size, speed, can tackle, rush the passer and cover out of the backfield.

I love the apparent success this staff is having in California and Colorado! Historically, NU has been able to pull talent from both of these states and this new staff is definitely on top of it. I'm sure Nebraska's depth chart at LB won't scare away any top LB recruit. I know the kid is committed to USC, but it would be great to get this kid in for a visit. He definitely fits the profile of a three down outside linebacker-- good size, speed, can tackle, rush the passer and cover out of the backfield.

I should also note, that in said article, he stated that he did in fact, rush his decision to commit to USC in January. He's currently listed as a "soft commit" with "Low" interest in:

- Nebraska
- UCLA
- Washington
- Notre Dame
- Michigan

Also, he mentions Oregon and Tennessee by name in the article as well. With all of those schools listed, no one scares me (outside of USC), as we've recently beat all them in recent recruiting battles.

This one aint over till its over. i have a feeling this will come down to NLI day.

And KJS said at BRW that they would be back for the BYU game. .. thats 4 unofficial visits to Neb. KJJ is N this fall (unless it's all just one big smoke n mirrors by Riley n Johnson to bring attention) but the way Riley and staff have conducted themselves so far I think its genuine and with Marquel committing its a done deal with KJJ. Peer recruit Mique and if he likes what he sees he is N too.

The interest with KJJ and a host of those Calabasas kids is legit.

KJS loves MR, and KJJ loves MR and K. Williams. That kid is going to commit this fall and he's going to be an amazing peer recruiter for NU for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes.

I had seen he had 5 "lows" along with his USC commit. Since recruits are limited to 5 official visits, it made sense to me that his 5 "lows" would be his official visits.

I had heard/read (can't remember which) that he really connected with Bray and that NU was tabbed as an official visit no matter what, and that he may change up his other 4 official visits.

Here's an article from back in May. Article. Says he wants to watch how each program handles LB positions in terms of rotation/depth. Looks like he wants to play now, certainly would have the opportunity if he comes to NU.

The interest with KJJ and a host of those Calabasas kids is legit.

KJS loves MR, and KJJ loves MR and K. Williams. That kid is going to commit this fall and he's going to be an amazing peer recruiter for NU for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes.
Yea I believe their interest to be genuine as well, it would be quite a coup if we can keep Dismuke, land Juarez and KJJ this fall early, then after that watch out cuz there will be kids in Cali we havent ever heard of wanting to come play here . Who else do you think we will get from that cali group? I think it was said the staff is still recruiting the kid that committed to play QB at Arizona but we want him as an athlete. Pittman to Oregon. KJJ and Dismuke are N, Gebbia N later, I know Bynum is interested but the same was said about Pittman

Yea I believe their interest to be genuine as well, it would be quite a coup if we can keep Dismuke, land Juarez and KJJ this fall early, then after that watch out cuz there will be kids in Cali we havent ever heard of wanting to come play here . Who else do you think we will get from that cali group? I think it was said the staff is still recruiting the kid that committed to play QB at Arizona but we want him as an athlete. Pittman to Oregon. KJJ and Dismuke are N, Gebbia N later, I know Bynum is interested but the same was said about Pittman

Pittman has interest, but UofO is in the lead. If the staff can get him in here for an OV, it could swing in NU's favor. Also, Brian Hightower (WR - 2018) is high in NU right now. NU was his first offer and over the next couple days Tennessee and ASU offered as well. He's camped at NU with KJJ and KJS is a mentor or sorts for BH. So if things go as planned, there'd be four kids out of that group who could, potentially, commit to NU.

Reactions: sparky62
Would love to get this kid.

He'd be a game changer one the field and in the recruiting field. If you are Nebraska and grab the #1 kid out of CA and #1 LB Nationally, other kids take note. Add onto the kids like QA and KJJ, it starts sending your recruiting into the positive downhill/snowball affect.

He looks faster than the 4.67 listed on his hudl page. He also doesn't look 6'3", but looks like they had him playing some QB last year as well. This will usually help a LB's ability to see the opposing offense from a different perspective and should help him read and recognize things faster than those without prior QB experience. He also has an ability to 'get small' to get through holes in the line. Wish there was more film of him at the LB position.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1700810/highlights/199267271/v2

this is an even better look (nice speed shown here)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1700810/highlights/203995398/v2

Last edited:
Reactions: sparky62
Wouldn't hold your breath. Just being honest.

Is just my opinion. If we are going to flip a recruit, our chances are better than average for flipping Juarez. Isn't he a soft verbal to USC? He likes Bray. He singled out NU as a "must" official visit. He wants to play "now" and we are not deep at LB. It looks like the opportunity is there.

Bray reeling in a lot of LB's with Simmons in the fold. The Cali kid might be good, but with the 5? we took at this position last year and we are up to what, 3 now this year, he's got a decent amount of young talent to separate from.

Bray reeling in a lot of LB's with Simmons in the fold. The Cali kid might be good, but with the 5? we took at this position last year and we are up to what, 3 now this year, he's got a decent amount of young talent to separate from.

One of our LB commits is a JUCO and JoJo might end up being a safety. GS can probably move inside. Even with Barry and T. Ferg, Juarez still starts from day 1.

Also, let me say I know QA has DE next to his name, now, but I think he'll be a killer LB in college. Probably one of the commits I'm most excited about.

Last edited:
Another young LB that I totally dropped the ball on is Dedrick Young. He'll play and may end up starting as a TFr.

With how thin NU is at LB, 3 of the 4 LBs signed in 2014 may see serious PT.

One of the stated differences with this staff is that they are willing to finish 2nd for a blue chip kid. Even if they don't land him, it's huge to have a 5*, #1 player out of Cali coming to your campus. These kids know each other, they talk to each other. So you know damn well he's going to be impressed with NU. Even if it's not the place he wants to be, he'll still be talking to other bigtime kids and be like, "Man, Nebraska was crazy. Their facilities are unreal and the stadium was wild. You gotta visit."

One of the stated differences with this staff is that they are willing to finish 2nd for a blue chip kid. Even if they don't land him, it's huge to have a 5*, #1 player out of Cali coming to your campus. These kids know each other, they talk to each other. So you know damn well he's going to be impressed with NU. Even if it's not the place he wants to be, he'll still be talking to other bigtime kids and be like, "Man, Nebraska was crazy. Their facilities are unreal and the stadium was wild. You gotta visit."

I agree 100%. Never understood why the old staff did not push harder for the top 100 guys. I don't know if they were afraid, intimidated, or spiteful. Maybe all or maybe just lazy. Regardless, Bray isn't afraid to roll up his sleeves and do the work. However, this kid is going to be very hard to get.

One of the obstacles that will be difficult to over come is USC runs a 3-4 D which is obviously very attractive for a LB. On the other hand , SC's depth @ LB is ridiculous so we have that going for us. The one thing this staff will learn soon is that week 1 visits are very difficult to land. Kids walk away impressed but have nothing to compare it to because it is their first visit. So they really don't get to do a fresh compare and contrast with other schools while visiting. Still happy. Starting to believe a little more each day with MR & Co.

I would think a LB would prefer to play in a 4-3, one more big guy in front of you to keep the fatties on the O-line off of you.

Nebraska has always been big time in California. One of my best friends is a Californians for Nebraska. Riley could really hit a Yukon style gold rush with recruits in Cally. I'll be watching this story really closely. Could you imagine the shockwave with Riley and staff pulling in a 5 star and top 10 recruit!!!

Agreed. Better than Bo and co. were able to do. It will be interesting to see, with time, if any of these players can be landed

Would not surprise me if this came down to a USC, UCLA and NU battle. Juarez has legit interest in Nebraska because Bray has been recruiting him for almost 2 years now. It is a smart move having him OV for the BYU game along with KJJ and that crew.

ADVERTISEMENT