ADVERTISEMENT

5* Bryce McGowens final 5 teams

5 star SG/SF Bryce McGowens

Here is the predictions for him at the moment via Rob Cassidy • Basketball Recruiting National Analyst....

LSU AND NEBRASKA: EVEN MONEY

The Tigers and Huskers seem like the frontrunners. McGowens’ brother plays for Nebraska, so the allure there is obvious. The fact that head coach Fred Hoiberg has strong NBA ties is also a point for Nebraska. When it comes to LSU, it’s all about relationships. McGowens seems comfortable with the Tigers’ staff despite only recently landing an offer from the program following his decommitment.
If it's really between us and LSU, he's N. I love those odds....

5 star SG/SF Bryce McGowens

Here is the predictions for him at the moment via Rob Cassidy • Basketball Recruiting National Analyst....

LSU AND NEBRASKA: EVEN MONEY

The Tigers and Huskers seem like the frontrunners. McGowens’ brother plays for Nebraska, so the allure there is obvious. The fact that head coach Fred Hoiberg has strong NBA ties is also a point for Nebraska. When it comes to LSU, it’s all about relationships. McGowens seems comfortable with the Tigers’ staff despite only recently landing an offer from the program following his decommitment.

Heard on the radio some analyst said Nebraska main competition was from Georgia. He knows one of the assistant coach’s on their staff real well..🤷‍♂️

True, Isaac Copeland was a 5 star coming out of high school and while he had a productive career at NU he was damaged goods when we landed him.

This is prior to the star rating system, but the rating systems like Street and Smith had Dave Hoppen as the number 2 center recruit in the country coming out of HS, and had him a top 15 player.

Heard on the radio some analyst said Nebraska main competition was from Georgia. He knows one of the assistant coach’s on their staff real well..🤷‍♂️

that may have came from Robin from Huskeronline. He thinks it’s between the Huskers and Georgia. Then Rob thinks it’s the Huskers vs LSU.

Either way, it’s definitely looking like Mr Fred Hoiberg may land his first 5 star out of high school recruit for the Huskers basketball team, ever. I think Trey and Elijah Woods will be the biggest factor...along with his 4 star cousin being offered as well. Just watch, the McGowen family be the ones that completely turns the Husker basketball team around and gets Hoiberg going. Man, pulling in Trey from the transfer portal is REALLY paying off big.

Last edited:
Hope we get him - hard to believe that the hoops team seems in a better position to land 5* players than the football team.

well, being fair, Frost may already have his 5 star locked up. Thomas Fidone is being looked at hard for a 5 star and I’m fairly confident he will get it. At least from 24/7 and/or Rivals....but I do get your point. Hoiberg pulling in Bryce McGowens would be HUGE.

Last edited:
I know this has been said already, but it would be nice if we landed him and that made Sallis reconsider coming here to help turn the basketball program around... Sallis could still become the hometown hero here

McGowens has an interesting top 5 for someone rated that highly. Certainly not typical as all of those schools are a notch below the top level.

playing for a blue blood basketball team has never been a big deal to Bryce McGowen. There are those type of kids out there like that but I agree, it’s a little more rare.
FSU and michigan have been in elite 8s and final 4s much more consistently over the last few years than UNC has.

kentucky/ku/duke can't take everyone. fsu and mich are as close to a blue blood in hoops as it gets these days IMO.

FSU and michigan have been in elite 8s and final 4s much more consistently over the last few years than UNC has.

kentucky/ku/duke can't take everyone. fsu and mich are as close to a blue blood in hoops as it gets these days IMO.

right and I definitely won’t argue that. I was merely replying to dudes post. I was actually thinking the same thing. McGowen has a few good to great teams on his list along with a few that aren’t so good (at least currently). Either way, it’s still not that big of deal to him regardless.

right and I definitely won’t argue that. I was merely replying to dudes post. I was actually thinking the same thing. McGowen has a few good to great teams on his list along with a few that aren’t so good (at least currently). Either way, it’s still not that big of deal to him regardless.
Basketball recruiting is weird and a lot different than football. Teams only sign a few guys, so you don't see all the same schools on everyone's list. Also, staying close to home is hardly ever a factor for top BB recruits, just a bit of a different animal than football.

Last edited:
Id assume not being in his top 12 kind of says it’s over no matter what.
you’re kidding right lol... you know how many times I’ve seen a kid come up with their top 5 and then add in another school last minute or commit to a school that wasn’t on the list... obviously I knew he came out with his top 12 hints why I used the word “reconsider” not counting on it... but just because someone lists their top 12 it doesn’t mean they can’t reconsider that list

Reactions: ATX Husker
McGowens has an interesting top 5 for someone rated that highly. Certainly not typical as all of those schools are a notch below the top level.
If more kids were smart like him they would realize their best chance to play immediately and put up huge numbers for NBA GMs to see may very well be to go somewhere other than KU and the other usual suspects. If you're not one of the top 2 or 3 pro prospects coming out of high school you may have a better chance of leaving early for the NBA by going to a school like Nebraska where you can be the man.

If more kids were smart like him they would realize their best chance to play immediately and put up huge numbers for NBA GMs to see may very well be to go somewhere other than KU and the other usual suspects. If you're not one of the top 2 or 3 pro prospects coming out of high school you may have a better chance of leaving early for the NBA by going to a school like Nebraska where you can be the man.
Andrew White figured that out too bad he only stayed long enough for a cup of coffee...

Elbnu0qVMAof0Gn

Looked it up

Sport (s)Initial Signing DateFinal Signing Date
Division I Basketball (Early Period)November 11, 2020November 18, 2020

you’re kidding right lol... you know how many times I’ve seen a kid come up with their top 5 and then add in another school last minute or commit to a school that wasn’t on the list... obviously I knew he came out with his top 12 hints why I used the word “reconsider” not counting on it... but just because someone lists their top 12 it doesn’t mean they can’t reconsider that list
Avante Dickerson comes to mind.

Last edited:
1984?? Millard South had a player named Joel Sealer, stud. Thought he was a 5 star with offers from Duke, Kentucky, etc. Not sure what his rating was or if they even did em back then, but he would have to be in the convo of highest rated kids we've signed I think....EDIT, just did a little Google and don't find much about him...

Last edited:
1984?? Millard South had a player named Joel Sealer, stud. Thought he was a 5 star with offers from Duke, Kentucky, etc. Not sure what his rating was or if they even did em back then, but he would have to be in the convo of highest rated kids we've signed I think....EDIT, just did a little Google and don't find much about him...
Last I heard he was in the FBI. Don’t remember him being that highly recruited. Interesting.

Last I heard he was in the FBI. Don’t remember him being that highly recruited. Interesting.

I could be wrong on it...my best friends dad was a sports junkie at the time and I remember him talking about all his options.....since it was 84 I doubt it could be researched much.

Another crystal ball this morning for the good guys, man we could use some good news....

Yes sir, the Husker now have 3 crystal balls for 5 star SG Bryce McGowens. 100% for the Huskers

This Bryce McGowens deal had me thinking of the Carter Whitt thing. He was he’s was heavily favored to be a Husker and every one thought it was a lock. And the day of his commitment things suddenly flipped and he picked Wake Forest instead. Yes, things change all the time in recruiting. But I’m starting to really think we found about Bryce McGowens sudden interest and backed out on Whitt and focused on McGowen instead. Would make sense considering we don’t even have an open spot for Bryce. Granted, we will make room for him if and when he commits to us. At least this way, only one person gets cut or loses a scholarship compared to two players.

Yes sir, the Husker now have 3 crystal balls for 5 star SG Bryce McGowens.

This Bryce McGowens deal had me thinking of the Carter Whitt thing. He was he’s was heavily favored to be a Husker and every one thought it was a lock. And the day of his commitment things suddenly flipped and he picked Wake Forest instead. Yes, things change all the time in recruiting. But I’m starting to really think we found about about Bryce McGowens sudden interest and backed out on Whitt and focused on McGowen instead. Would make sense considering we don’t even have an open spot for Bryce. Granted, we will make room for him if and when he commits to us. At least this way, only one person gets cut or loses a scholarship compared to two players.
That's right and I feel like big brother might be pullin the strings here a lil too or @ least in his ear. Why score 10 @ a blue blood a game when you can average 20 or more in Lincoln. Fred's offense will get you the shots, you just gotta knock em down.

I do. And VB, wrestling, and all the other sports. Some more than others.
There’s more of us than people realize. Love Husker baseball too! We’ve come a long ways from the days of John Sanders when you could walk up to Buck Beltzer anytime you wanted and their might be 100 people there. Same goes for both b-ball teams and of course the Queens of the court Vball.

ADVERTISEMENT