ADVERTISEMENT

5-7 Chance for bowl game?

78 spots
72 teams have 6 wins
13 teams have 5 wins
So doing some quick math if 5 teams win of the 13 highest apr so yes but I doubt it lol

I believe we have the 5th best APR of the 5 win teams, so it’s a pretty slim chance.

Extremely low chance. APR is behind too many other teams. We would need around 14 games to go perfectly for us to make it and that would require teams like Maryland beating Michigan State.

The way we make a bowl game is beat Iowa.

78 spots
72 teams have 6 wins
13 teams have 5 wins
So doing some quick math if 5 teams win of the 13 highest apr so yes but I doubt it lol
Can they take a 5-7 team over a 6 win team?

It seems like every year there are some 6 win teams in G5 conferences that don’t get selected to bowl games.

Can they take a 5-7 team over a 6 win team?

It seems like every year there are some 6 win teams in G5 conferences that don’t get selected to bowl games.
As much as I want Nebraska in a bowl, if I were a coach or AD at a school that went 6-6 and got bumped for a 5-7 team (regardless of who it was), I'd be raising Holy Hell about it.

I believe that the official policy is bowl eligible teams first, then the 5-7 teams by APR.

As much as I want Nebraska in a bowl, if I were a coach or AD at a school that went 6-6 and got bumped for a 5-7 team (regardless of who it was), I'd be raising Holy Hell about it.

I believe that the official policy is bowl eligible teams first, then the 5-7 teams by APR.
That is correct. One interesting note is that a team that plays 13 regular season games (usually Hawaii) and has a record of 6-7 will be accepted for a bowl before a 5-7 team.

Some wins against fcs teams don’t count toward the 6 wins. Correct me if Im wrong but that may hurt a 6 win SEC team.

Some wins against fcs teams don’t count toward the 6 wins. Correct me if Im wrong but that may hurt a 6 win SEC team.

Depends on if you've used a 6th win against an fcs team in a recent previous year to qualify, which is pretty rare.

Only 5 spots left after Frank picked up a win tonight with 13 other teams needing just one more win including Nebraska.

BC is already at 5 wins and is ahead of in APR, so 4 spots left. Ole Miss is ahead of us in APR, but needs a 5th win, but they play Miss St who has 5 wins, so one of those two are ahead of us also. Down to 3 spots. Duke can also pull a 5th win and is ahead of in APR as is Middle Tennessee. So basically we would need 12 of 14 results to go our way to get to a bowl at 5-7. That would include Maryland beating Michigan State, WVU beating TCU and NC State beating NC. So there is a minuscule chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT