ADVERTISEMENT

4th Star for RB Morrison

Had a feeling he and/or Scott would get that 4th star. Awesome!!!

And his chances for early PT just went up too!! (Not related to the 4th star)

Reactions: CatColumbia
I'm more impressed with his offer list than I am the number of stars behind his name. Wisconsin, ISU, and a ton of other power 5 offers from programs who are known for having pretty good RBs. I'm hoping his frame will allow him to get to 210 and keep his speed.

Reactions: jlh19801 and WHCSC
I'm more impressed with his offer list than I am the number of stars behind his name. Wisconsin, ISU, and a ton of other power 5 offers from programs who are known for having pretty good RBs. I'm hoping his frame will allow him to get to 210 and keep his speed.

He's actually North of 200 right now.

I like Morrison but I was really impressed with Scott 3. So are other teams because he's got a legit offer sheet. It will be nice getting them in here and developing our OL. I can't wait to see what wrinkles they've added this week. Hopefully it was two weeks of learning how to run block

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Rivals still has him at 3 stars, I don't care, Sevion has better break away speed than both of OU's rb commits, with good vision like OU's 2 rb commits. We can give him some strength and toughness, we can't give him speed.

Yea, OU and Lincoln are obviously terrible judges of talent as evidenced by their terrible record.

As evidence by our current depth chart it never hurts to have more RB’s. With that said, I feel like Thomkins is a future star for us if he can stay healthy. We were extremely fortunate to land him.

Initiallty I was a bit worried that neither OU or Okie Lite offered Morrison but his tape is impressive.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Yea, OU and Lincoln are obviously terrible judges of talent as evidenced by their terrible record.

Well he's definitely faster and he has good vision, maybe his only knock OU's looking at is his toughness between the tackles? I don't know why, they also didn't offer Josh Jacobs.

I'm less and less impressed with star ratings as a guarantee of success these days after seeing a number of highly rated kids flame out on several teams across the nation. For example, Alabama has had about 8 players leave or in the process of leaving in the past year. Those giving star ratings don't evaluate all the factors needed to have success.

Whew! With that additional star, our chances of competing for a conference title immediately become significantly better than when he was a 3 star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT