ADVERTISEMENT

4star dual threat qb entered transfer portal.....

Might be a good idea try to see if there is interest. AM no good, Luke got hurt quick, and will Smothers stay committed?

Might be a good idea try to see if there is interest. AM no good, Luke got hurt quick, and will Smothers stay committed?
Smothers is signing early and at this point still loves the Huskers. He's not stupid. He can see ALL of the throws Martinez missed today. He knows this game was there for the taking and our QB couldn't execute. He also knows what our O line class looked like. THOSE are they guys he'll be playing behind along with Jurgens.

Smothers is signing early and at this point still loves the Huskers. He's not stupid. He can see ALL of the throws Martinez missed today. He knows this game was there for the taking and our QB couldn't execute. He also knows what our O line class looked like. THOSE are they guys he'll be playing behind along with Jurgens.

what frustrates me about watching this Frost offense is the amount of slow developing stretch zone read runs, they hardly gain yardage

I thought Smothers was more of a run first QB who needs refinement in his passing game.

I thought Smothers was more of a run first QB who needs refinement in his passing game.
I don't care if you're a run first option QB. There were guys wide open that any QB should have been able to see and guys wide enough open that it didn't take a rocket arm or great accuracy to hit. AM is not playing well right now. Almost a month without practice can do that to a QB. The one big play to JD he overthrew and JD had to make a leaping grab when he was WIDE open. The interception he had a guy right at the first down line who was wide open. AM is not doing a good job of reading the D and finding the open guy. I've been a big defender of his and I know it's not as easy as it would seem from my recliner but man you're a power 5 QB, you've got to be able to do those things.

Frost can't bench Martinez after comparing him to Pat Mahomes. His ego won't let him admit how wrong he was. Remember after the Illinois game, Frost took a jab at the media for criticizing Martinez and his play-calling.

Reactions: jeans15
Remember, Martinez is the Heisman watch QB and the one Frost wouldn't trade for any other in the conference (or was it country?). However QB is one position that looks remotely solid and deep going forward, even if it isn't Martinez. As has been stated, Huskers have many more positions that should be addressed first.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
That has already taken place. His tapes from this season has proven it. No comparison from last season to this season. Stats that are posting also shows they are 10-0 and he is doing it throwing and not running it near as much as last year. Also hearing that schools that had backed off due to his commitment plus others are on him pretty hard. Hope he continues to give them the cold shoulder.

I don't care if you're a run first option QB. There were guys wide open that any QB should have been able to see and guys wide enough open that it didn't take a rocket arm or great accuracy to hit. AM is not playing well right now. Almost a month without practice can do that to a QB. The one big play to JD he overthrew and JD had to make a leaping grab when he was WIDE open. The interception he had a guy right at the first down line who was wide open. AM is not doing a good job of reading the D and finding the open guy. I've been a big defender of his and I know it's not as easy as it would seem from my recliner but man you're a power 5 QB, you've got to be able to do those things.

I agree.... it’s shocking how tentative and indecisive he has become

Tommy Armstrong??

We still have Luke McCaffrey and the young man looks just like his brothers...A BALLER. We are in great hands with this young man. And we have nothing to worry about with Logan Smothers. He’s going no where but the Huskers as an early enrolly. GBR

Reactions: c3o
We still have Luke McCaffrey and the young man looks just like his brothers...A BALLER. We are in great hands with this young man. And we have nothing to worry about with Logan Smothers. He’s going no where but the Huskers as an early enrolly. GBR

Id love to see each in a more power run play book with a lot of designed QB runs.

I agree he's on board. I just don't like having to put in freshmen, true freshmen. AM got hurt last year. Wandale and McCaffrey too

ADVERTISEMENT