ADVERTISEMENT

49 days : Best #49 in Husker history

rrthusker

Administrator
Jul 24, 2001
Much tougher than yesterday but I am going with Kevin Seibel.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
I'm going with Monte Anthony, a RB from the early Osborne years. Injuries kept his career from being anything to write home about, but he played varsity ball as a true freshman when that was absolutely unheard of.

Think about it - nearly a decade after Anthony, guys like Irving Fryar and Turner Gill still played only on the freshman team.

Last edited:
Definitely a lack of depth at this number. I'll throw in a few honorable mentions from the last couple decades:

LB Chris Weber: Walk-on out of Elkhorn, NE. Academic All-American, was a steady backup and then a starter as a senior. 15 tackles against Ohio State in 2017.

LB Adam Ickes: Walk-on out of Page, NE. I'm making my way through the Callahan years, and the guy had a nose for the ball in 2005.

Definitely a lack of depth at this number. I'll throw in a few honorable mentions from the last couple decades:

LB Chris Weber: Walk-on out of Elkhorn, NE. Academic All-American, was a steady backup and then a starter as a senior. 15 tackles against Ohio State in 2017.

LB Adam Ickes: Walk-on out of Page, NE. I'm making my way through the Callahan years, and the guy had a nose for the ball in 2005.
Another small-town Nebraska guy who was pretty good was Ken Kaelin, a FB who spent most of his career backing up Tom Rathman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT