ADVERTISEMENT

48 of 55 points given up after the 1st half

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
It was pretty obvious that the team wore down in the 4th quarter. In this young season, in fact, all but 48 of the 55 points we have given up has come after the first half.

Yes, the altitude.

But wait, didn't I read over and over again that we are stronger, faster, fitter than before? Seems like we are wearing out faster than the other team.

Or is it that the other coaches are making better adjustments?

It was pretty obvious that the team wore down in the 4th quarter. In this young season, in fact, all but 48 of the 55 points we have given up has come after the first half.

Yes, the altitude.

But wait, didn't I read over and over again that we are stronger, faster, fitter than before? Seems like we are wearing out faster than the other team.

We are bigger, faster, and stronger than WE were last year, but the rest of CFB has a couple year jump on us in strength and conditioning. Hopefully we can close that gap more this offseason. This is the #1 reason we need to find a consistent running game to at least try to keep our guys fresh into the 4th. Also why getting more younger guys active early was critical. We will need a rotation defensively that we can trust at all 3 levels.

Reactions: artguy68

Yes, the altitude.

Or is it that the other coaches are making better adjustments
?

I really hope it is just a conditioning issue. If it isn't we have a problem because that means nearly every coach we have play has been able to make adjustments and out coach Frost.

Yes, the altitude.

Or is it that the Offense has full on sucked ass for most of the 2nd half

Or is it that the Offense has full on sucked ass for most of the 2nd half

Been awful in the 3rd quarter. We go up 24-0 against Colorado, the big MO would have never switched to Colorado and that’s big for the D.

I think saying that we've given up 48 points in the 2nd half is sort of misleading... Against South Alabama the Defense only gave up 14, 7 of which were given up after JD muffed the return in the 3rd. That left the D in tough position giving the ball to the other teams O on the 13-yard line ... 4 or 5 players later a walk-on that most never heard of gave up the TD on either a busted coverage or an illegal pick (however you saw it). The defense was on the field quite a bit that game as special teams and defense scored most of the points. That leaves the 34 points that we gave up at Colorado. I'm in the camp that believes it was poor adjustments and decision making by the coaches, poor offensive execution, and the big momentum swing by CU after the flea-flicker... All this happening to a team that has a history of crumbling when adversity hits...
Just my opinion...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT