ADVERTISEMENT

48 hours post loss and

the riots have finally died down a little bit. The calls for mass firings in every single thread have diminished. Most of the Iowa trolls have returned home for now. Minnesota resident troll jlb321 will continue to pop in several times a day because his life is so miserable. Things are about as normal as they always are.....sigh.
Mass firings like replacing 6 or 7 coaches who aren't cutting it here? This coaching staff has already forced many more kids out than that with no indication that they were bad kids or even that they were any less talented than some of the low character guys we brought in. Why can the coaches underperform and we raise hell when we talk about replacing them, but we celebrate forcing out a kid who was working hard and doing everything asked but just happened to be recruited by the wrong coach.

No sir. I don’t care for people that tell me how to feel, how to think, what to believe or do.
happy post-Thanksgiving Randy. Hope all is well in your world. Enjoy it when you join in the revelry of the free board by posting a few nuggets of wisdom.Winking

Reactions: leodisflowers
Mass firings like replacing 6 or 7 coaches who aren't cutting it here? This coaching staff has already forced many more kids out than that with no indication that they were bad kids or even that they were any less talented than some of the low character guys we brought in. Why can the coaches underperform and we raise hell when we talk about replacing them, but we celebrate forcing out a kid who was working hard and doing everything asked but just happened to be recruited by the wrong coach.
Chill. You're out of control

Reactions: leodisflowers
Its called christian cuss words and i say alot of em too lol
My old confirmation Pastor pointed out in class that the slang was as bad as uttering the actual words. His point was that whether or not you said the word, you were thinking it. We're all sinners and must rely on grace.

Amazingly some 30+ years after he was my Pastor and had moved on to another church, I ran in to him standing in line at a ride at the Mall Of America. I hadn't seen him in over 30 years and he still looked the same. He had retired in Oklahoma but was up visiting his grandkids in Minneapolis. He was a good man.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
My old confirmation Pastor pointed out in class that the slang was as bad as uttering the actual words. His point was that whether or not you said the word, you were thinking it. We're all sinners and must rely on grace.

Amazingly some 30+ years after he was my Pastor and had moved on to another church, I ran in to him standing in line at a ride at the Mall Of America. I hadn't seen him in over 30 years and he still looked the same. He had retired in Oklahoma but was up visiting his grandkids in Minneapolis. He was a good man.

Yeah. It's not what you say. It's your intent. Jesus tells us not to live by the law. It's what's in our heart that is important. Me and my sailor mouth need all the grace I can get!

Yeah. It's not what you say. It's your intent. Jesus tells us not to live by the law. It's what's in our heart that is important. Me and my sailor mouth need all the grace I can get!
It's still important to strive to follow the law. Fortunately for believers there's hope for those of us who fall short.

Ok, the clapping was a bit sarcastic. That said, everybody realizes that SF needs to go. Open the wallet and chase Matt Campbell. It would be good for the whole league to get back to being a winning program. Matt says (or close to this) “we may not have 5 star players, but we do have a 5 star attitude”
Michigan will move on from Hardpaw and sign Campbell before Nebraska has decided whether or not SF will succeed in Lincoln.

Reactions: Bugeater
I used to listen to 1620 with Severe ALL the time and then they did something with their broadcast signal and we don't get it up in NE Nebraska anymore. I could pull it in in my truck all the time and now gonzo. I don't know if they were a little over their license for power before, if they changed the directional broadcast or if something else is interfering. Sucks. 590 still comes in mostly loud and clear during the day but not 1620.

Download the Tune In app on your smart phone and you can listen to it. I have Apple carplay in my car so I use the Tune In App all the time.. If you are around the house you can also listen to Tune In online with a computer. I use Tune In to listen to the Huskers all the time. That is how I listen to the post game show.

Update 12/3/2020 Since I dropped SiriusXm I've had to become a little inventive to get my sports. Yesterday I was bird hunting about 30-40 miles south near George, Washington in the Columbia Basin. Th Basin is dissected by I 90 and it is full of irrigated farm land. Half close your eyes and you might think you are driving along I-80 between York and Hastings. I wanted to listen to the Ravens vs Steelers games and could not figure out how to get it using Tune In, I-heart, Pandora etc. With I 90 so close and because it is so flat I was getting good cell coverage so I just played the game using a YouTube TV app on my phone and running the sound through my car using Bluetooth.

The dog and I got into Huns and quail. We were hunting a brushy ditch bank running along an elevated service road next to a pretty large irrigation canal. Alfalfa and cornfields border the canal where I was hunting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT