ADVERTISEMENT

45 years ago today, the Godfather opened in theaters...

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
the-godfather.jpg

Reactions: HBK4life
Never gets old. 1 and 2 are classics. 3 was garbage.

Here is my unpopular opinion.... Godfather 3 isn't terrible. It was supposed to be called "The Death of Michael Corleone" or something like that but the studios thought it would make more money as the Godfather 3. It wasn't really supposed to be There were a few missteps (Sofia Coppola being cast) but it is a decent movie. The whole Vatican Bank stuff was creative.... as was the fact that Michael could not get out of "the life"

Obviously not as good as the first two.... but it is a decent flick if fans of 1 and 2 haven't seen it.

This is going to be an unpopular post, but not only do I think this movie isn't one of the best movies ever, but isn't even the best mob movie ever. When I finally saw it I thought "What was all the hubbub about?"

I find Good Fellas to be 3 times the movie, and even like Once Upon a Time in America better. And that isn't even a great movie.

I generally agree with the critics, but not on this flick. I found it to be way too slow-paced, and not many memorable scenes.

This is going to be an unpopular post, but not only do I think this movie isn't one of the best movies ever, but isn't even the best mob movie ever. When I finally saw it I thought "What was all the hubbub about?"

I find Good Fellas to be 3 times the movie, and even like Once Upon a Time in America better. And that isn't even a great movie.

I generally agree with the critics, but not on this flick. I found it to be way too slow-paced, and not many memorable scenes.

I would probably agree that GoodFellas is better than the Godfather movies. GoodFellas is absolutely epic with its cast and camera work.

I watched during my NBA Finals run last year several times.... just don't ask for a quote from the film or my favorite part. ...im just too focused on basketball and my LBJ app

I love GoodFellas and The Godfather 1 and 2. Totally different feel to them, so it's hard to compare. GoodFellas mixes in some comedy/humor. The Godfather is straight-on.
When any of these flicks are on, the remote stops.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I love GoodFellas and The Godfather 1 and 2. Totally different feel to them, so it's hard to compare. GoodFellas mixes in some comedy/humor. The Godfather is straight-on.
When any of these flicks are on, the remote stops.

I think you're right. The Godfather didn't have one 'light' moment from what I remember, and it was way serious throughout. Just didn't do it for me.

I think you're right. The Godfather didn't have one 'light' moment from what I remember, and it was way serious throughout. Just didn't do it for me.
There was one. It was when the aging Don put a piece of orange in his mouth and chased his grandson. That is the only one I can remember.

Here is my unpopular opinion.... Godfather 3 isn't terrible. It was supposed to be called "The Death of Michael Corleone" or something like that but the studios thought it would make more money as the Godfather 3. It wasn't really supposed to be There were a few missteps (Sofia Coppola being cast) but it is a decent movie. The whole Vatican Bank stuff was creative.... as was the fact that Michael could not get out of "the life"

Obviously not as good as the first two.... but it is a decent flick if fans of 1 and 2 haven't seen it.

Sophia Coppola was beyond horrible, I think originally someone else was supposed to play that part...Seem to remember Winnona Ryder but could be wrong.

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT