ADVERTISEMENT

400 lb bench press and beyond hopefully

Hemlock1963

Dec 21, 2006
Virginia
Just wondering

How many current players Nebraska has that can bench press 400lbs ? Has Nebraska ever had a 500lb bencher?

How many at Alabama? Clemson? Michigan?

Long ago, when we needed too get a yard on 4th and 1, it was a given in the 80's and mid 90s

Our guys need to get stronger as Coach Frost said

Just wondering

How many current players Nebraska has that can bench press 400lbs ? Has Nebraska ever had a 500lb bencher?

Long ago, when we needed too get a yard on 4th and 1, it was a given in the 80's and mid 90s

I've got a picture in my husker room of Brendan stai with 515 on the bar

Their are guys on this board who can bench a truck, squat a house, never miss a kick or a block, always make the right call and never make a mistake. Just ask them while they are posting from moms basement and shoveling ding dongs into their mouths!!RollingLaugh
You forgot sub 4.2 40 times RollingLaugh

Just wondering

Squats, deadlifts and power clean too. I think a difference will be seen next year.

Reactions: WHCSC
Their are guys on this board who can bench a truck, squat a house, never miss a kick or a block, always make the right call and never make a mistake. Just ask them while they are posting from moms basement and shoveling ding dongs into their mouths!!RollingLaugh

Pass the milk please.

Ding dongs? I'd wager you could drop the ding and be more accurate....and add "while they gaze at pictures of shirtless young men with their star ratings showing"

Reactions: HBK4life
I know clester Johnson was over 400 in high school. He was a wingback. Pretty sure the lineman could do more

a lot of numbers for bench depend on what is considered a legitimate lift. The bench in particular is open to lots of ways to cheat to get more weight

As a functional lift a full squat, dead lift of power clean is a much better indication of football strength

Reactions: red scowl
I know no one cares..
But I bet Iowa has fewer than 5 kids who can bench 400 or more. The Hawks S&C guy is not into the bench as he says it isn't a functional football movement. Squats, cleans, and core are his major areas. The only time he give much attention to it is for the kids heading to the draft as they measure reps at 225.

On a side note. You guys will be at a high level very soon. Watched a lot of your games this year and the second half turnaround was impressive.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
a lot of numbers for bench depend on what is considered a legitimate lift. The bench in particular is open to lots of ways to cheat to get more weight

As a functional lift a full squat, dead lift of power clean is a much better indication of football strength

You can "cheat" a squat, a deadlift, and a power clean as well, but I would agree the bench press is probably the most useless of all the major lifts for football.

Reactions: HuskerWisdom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT