ADVERTISEMENT

40 times for AA and RB's....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Watching AA and others run at the combine reminded me of the huge argument we had on this board when we signed Devine O this year. People were complaining that his 4.73 40 at 220 pounds was too slow for us. Well, AA at 200 pounds just ran an electronic 4.6. AA was a stud at NU for years breaking records. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying Devine will be another AA, I'm saying that the people who were pissing and moaning in that thread about how every HS RB we recruit should be running 4.4 40's is laughable. 40 times are EXTREMELY overrated and a small part of what a great RB should be. And those numbers coming out of HS that they say are usually inflated just like height, weight,,etc..

This post was edited on 2/21 5:28 PM by HBK4life

I have a feeling those bitching about it are the same ones that won't be back till August to complain more.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
I have a feeling those bitching about it are the same ones that won't be back till August to complain more.

First practice, first game we struggle, first loss. Yup, they will come a running saying we made a mistake calling for firings of coaches and AD's. Lol..Same ones who were defending blowout losses in year 7 of last staff.

But let's be honest, there is a BIG difference between an electronic 4.6 and a hand-held 4.73. That 4.6 is in the 4.4s hand-held. Then throw in the incredible jukes and vision, and that's why AA was so special. Regardless, we don't know how this kid is going to do. I saw him get caught from behind on his video on a couple of occasions, but for a kid at 220 lbs. he has pretty decent lateral movement. He shows more shiftiness as a high school senior than A. Cross has ever shown in a Husker uniform.

I just hope Taylor and Wilbon are ready, because Cross and Newby haven't shown me enough to feel confident in their abilities. And this kid isn't ready for D1 football yet either.

Originally posted by HBK4life:
Originally posted by 4.6.3:

First practice, first game we struggle, first loss. Yup, they will come a running saying we made a mistake calling for firings of coaches and AD's. Lol..Same ones who were defending blowout losses in year 7 of last staff.
Good grief, you are arguing against next August arguments? Paranoia strikes deep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT