ADVERTISEMENT

40 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loss to ioWa. Anyone embarrassed by that? I am. This is just as embarrassing as anything during the Bo era. In my eyes it worse than most of his crap. 40 - 10, let that sink in.

2 losses in a row to a team who has no business being within 21 points of us. If you disagree then you are very misguided.....

So please explain exactly what the coaches should have done differently regarding in game decisions?

You guys are the most delusional fanbase in the country. Congrats.
Explain how what I said was delusional.

What does Iowa do exceptionally well? How's your recruiting going and how has it been the last 5 years? What exactly is unique about The Hawks?

I will give you credit though. Every hawk fan I know is thrilled with 8-4. Congrats on your boring ass average expectations. I'm glad you achieve them sometimes.

Iowa is the most average team in the country. Good is the "best" adjective you can use to describe iowa. Getting blown out by Iowa is unacceptable.

You're correct, our helmets don't matter. It's not the 90's any more. But, our talent profile is much better than every team in the west and our coaches need to start getting more out of it. As long as that's the case I expect Nebraska to win the west and not get boat raced by an average Iowa team.

Get out of here with your backhanded "congrats on the winning season"bs.

Winning seasons don't mean anything.

You haven't had the talent where it matters though. Nebraska's OL, LB, DL and QB talent has mediocre as of late. You can recruit all the skill guys you want but the OL/DL play is nowhere near what it was 15 years ago.

Reactions: kakdawg
You haven't had the talent where it matters though. Nebraska's OL, LB, DL and QB talent has mediocre as of late. You can recruit all the skill guys you want but the OL/DL play is nowhere near what it was 15 years ago.
This is true. Lines have been disappointing and need to be better.

Reactions: pahusker139
Iowa is the most average team in the country. Good is the "best" adjective you can use to describe iowa. Getting blown out by Iowa is unacceptable.

You're correct, our helmets don't matter. It's not the 90's any more. But, our talent profile is much better than every team in the west and our coaches need to start getting more out of it. As long as that's the case I expect Nebraska to win the west and not get boat raced by an average Iowa team.

Get out of here with your backhanded "congrats on the winning season"bs.

Winning seasons don't mean anything.

If you think Nebraska has better talent than Wisconsin, you're just delusional and can't be helped. Just about as delusional as when you guys thought you'd steamroll the Big Ten when you joined the conf..

Has Iowa ever won a national title? Asking for a friend.

BxcsEFvCIAA4baW.jpg:large

Reactions: huskerbr12
You know there is a difference between Year 2 and Year 7 right?

Fair enough. I just don't see how this staff has a ceiling above what we saw this year. They got manhandled by an inferior team/program today. Unacceptable.

Bingo

Explain how what I said was delusional.

What does Iowa do exceptionally well? How's your recruiting going and how has it been the last 5 years? What exactly is unique about The Hawks?

I will give you credit though. Every hawk fan I know is thrilled with 8-4. Congrats on your boring ass average expectations. I'm glad you achieve them sometimes.

Now you're just reaching. LOL. Iowa is no where near satisfied with 8-4 this season. Total letdown after last season.

IoWa is absolutely terrible, and we lost 40-10. Thats my point. This coach and staff will never do better than the last staff. Riley has lost so much he has is "blowout speech" down so good for the reporters its as natural as reciting the national anthem. This is not nebraska football. Burn. It. Down.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Now you're just reaching. LOL. Iowa is no where near satisfied with 8-4 this season. Total letdown after last season.
Didn't you just pay your coach 2.25mm for his 7th win last week?

And you're right. This year hawks thought 10 was the number. Too bad your coach is happy with 8. Did you know the big 10 is like really hard and stuff?

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not embarrassed. I'm totally used to it by now. Been going on for over a decade against good teams. It will continue until the university invests in a top notch coaching staff.
Spot on. This staff has a ceiling, and it's not a national championship and likely not a B1G championship either.

Iowa sucks balls. NU sucks more balls. You guys were better on the lines this year and had a QB that could throw a forward pass.
Well, as long as you guys suck more balls than us, I'm fine with that. We're trying to kick that ball sucking habit.

Reactions: Raiders3x
Love how Bo getting beat down was enough for people to disregard his record, but Riley getting beat down by an AVERAGE AT BEST Iowa team is just fine and nothing to see here.
This was a terrible loss and a hipuge black eye for this staff. No excuse. It is worse than the OSU loss by far.
Bo's losses sucked and he took heat for it...so should Riley. 100%. We have a soft team and Riley needs to make some major changes to staff, scheme, philosophy, and attitude.
The good news is I have hope that he will make these changes based on some of what I've heard him say and his overall attitude this year compared to last year. Riley can do it but it's going to take some balls and some action.

Most of the guys on Iowa's lines weren't recruited by any P5 teams other than Iowa. No excuse for us to get manhandled this bad.

all of our hopes now ride on Lee being the real deal and Cav somehow getting a crap OL turned around. If Lee = Zach Taylor we might be alright going forward
Lee has one year. Not resting all my hopes on him. I am resting all my hopes on these coaches to be able to get a kid prepared mentally and physically to be the best college football quarterback in the nation.
Right now it does not look like they can, but then again, we should know better once Tommy is gone.

Most of the guys on Iowa's lines weren't recruited by any P5 teams other than Iowa. No excuse for us to get manhandled this bad.
How dare you use logic. Also remember how highly recruited their qb was...er...their rb....er.....their mlb....ah damn we always beat them in recruiting even under bo.

Lee has one year. Not resting all my hopes on him. I am resting all my hopes on these coaches to be able to get a kid prepared mentally and physically to be the best college football quarterback in the nation.
Right now it does not look like they can, but then again, we should know better once Tommy is gone.

Lee has 2 years.

Like who? Jaleel Johnson and Faith Ekakatie were 4 star DL recruits. Both Nelson boys at DE were recruited by quite a few teams. #78 the OC was the best HS center in the country coming out of HS. #79 Welsh had quite a few offers. We have a couple walk-one in the two deeps tho but our OL has a few guys with plenty of offers

I am embarrassed, but not by who we lost to. I respect every team in the country. Its how we are losing that is most concerning. I saw how we could have one and all that comes down to our d not getting off blocks and Tommy not connecting on passes. So a whole lot of the same. I guess we should all be happy it happened a couple times this year so we wouldn't show up for huge games (like the championship or major bowl) and just get destroyed by a far better team. We should have a shot in the bowl game this way.
Young guys have some big shoes to fill, but I know we have some good ones in waiting.
I for one, am ready for next year.

Loss to ioWa. Anyone embarrassed by that? I am. This is just as embarrassing as anything during the Bo era. In my eyes it worse than most of his crap. 40 - 10, let that sink in.

2 losses in a row to a team who has no business being within 21 points of us. If you disagree then you are very misguided.....

No business being withim 21 points of Nebraska in Kinnick stadium? Iowa is and has been the superior program for the better part of the past 15 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT