ADVERTISEMENT

4 star true freshman OU QB in portal

Frazier said that he was thinking about transferring early on. If there was a portal then and one free transfer, he might have been gone too.
Call me old school but damn I miss the 80s and 90s. Probably because we were a dominant force. Not a 3rd rate team who can't even make a bowl game. Que Glory Days by Bruce!! GBR!!

Last edited:
I like smothers, he's a good dude, but can you imageing going thru last year without the nil, and thompson, palmer and washington?

thompson sounds a lil shakey next yer so we need a nil qb...maybe 2..

I think this nil thing is great, we need to be looking at bama's and ohio state depth chart for possible nil replacements, if joe burrow and ewers were siting at #4 on a depth chart...rhule & co needs to be finding these guys

Remember when Nebraska didn't have any pro teams?

That's not true anymore. 😕

I just hope Rhules philosophy will be to utilize the portal as much as possible to field a competitive team next year while recruiting high school kids. Portal wasn't a thing when he last coached.
Me too but I’m skeptical since he was more a draft guy in the NFL vs a FA & Trade kind of dude. Rhule’s gotta do Rhule. Time will tell if the game and times have passed him by and his methods no longer work. Or if he can adopt to change.

He said in an interview earlier this week that he likes to know the situation. Will winning need to be immediate or will he have time to build. Somewhat he can’t be too naive to believe an AD or GM is going to be completely honest there.

Not a big loss for OU. I'd take '23 QB Jackson Arnold over Nick Evers every day of the week. He'll win the job after Gabriel leaves.

The portal is going to be LOADED with available talent. But the coaching staffs have to be able to evaluate accurately.
All the oklahoma folks down here were saying he would never play. He doesn't have it.

I just hope Rhules philosophy will be to utilize the portal as much as possible to field a competitive team next year while recruiting high school kids. Portal wasn't a thing when he last coached.
Well he doesnt like recruiting so...I dunno if thats good or bad for the portal.

Evers couldn’t get in against Texas when OU threw for 38 total yards and ran the wildcat most of the game. He is fast but throwing is a problem. I don’t think he is a starter at a decent P5 team.

ADVERTISEMENT