ADVERTISEMENT

4-star position distribution

In 2017, UCF had 3 future NFL receivers (Tre'quan Smith, Gabriel Davis, and Dedrick Snelson), an NFL tight end, (Jordan Akins) 3 NFL running backs (Adrian Killins, Taj McGowan, Greg McCray - a probable high draft pick in 2021) a 4th back named Cordarrian Richardson who is now the starting Fullback at Texas A&M, and a 5th back in Otis Anderson who will likely surpass 2500 total yard in his UCF career.... Oh,, and an All American QB.

Wandale, JD, and Dedrick were the only dudes from the 2020 Huskers who would've ever seen the field on that team.

2020 will be the first season since Frost arrived where he comes close towards equalling the talent he had at UCF.

And it's important to note that only the TE and Trequan Smith were leftovers on the UCF roster when Frost arrived. it built the rest of that roster in two years.

I believe we will start seeing similar growth at Nebraska in year 3.
The facts you posted brought me back to how amazing it felt the moment the Frost to NU announcement first broke!!

That’s just the offense, too. Handful of picks on D, as well.

meanwhile we went nearly 2 full years with zero draft picks. it’s not even close.
it's not that we didn't have talent. We changed systems, so the new coach runs off all the talent that was recruited to a different system.. the cup board wasn't bare. It was Scotts choice to flip the roster, and probably the right choice, but to act like we had no talent to begin with, simply isn't true.

it's not that we didn't have talent. We changed systems, so the new coach runs off all the talent that was recruited to a different system.. the cup board wasn't bare. It was Scotts choice to flip the roster, and probably the right choice, but to act like we had no talent to begin with, simply isn't true.
here's an unbiased look at our talent: the NFL draft. people paid to evaluate talent act on the fact we didn't have any by not drafting it. the people who left weren't drafted, either, nor were they clamored over by any sort of program known for finding good talent.

that we didn't have talent isn't an opinion. it is a plain as day fact, objectively speaking.

now, please give the basis for your argument that the cupboard wasn't bare. if it's indeed the case, it should be very easy to provide anecdotal evidence supporting it, and I'm dying to hear it.

Last edited:
there was some talent just not much in terms of higher level or numbers. unknown even today but seems like there is more

here's an unbiased look at our talent: the NFL draft. people paid to evaluate talent act on the fact we didn't have any by not drafting it. the people who left weren't drafted, either, nor were they clamored over by any sort of program known for finding good talent.

that we didn't have talent isn't an opinion. it is a plain as day fact, objectively speaking.

now, please give the basis for your argument that the cupboard wasn't bare. if it's indeed the case, it should be very easy to provide anecdotal evidence supporting it, and I'm dying to hear it.
I suppose one could argue that the changing staff and schemes could have limited the talent development.

One could also argue that they could bench press more than me or beat my 40 time.

Doesn't validate either argument.

Were you on the board when Riley was "Killing It" with recruiting.. the board was so far up his ass, it wasn't even funny on how 'well' his recruiting was going. And now all of a sudden, the cup board was bare?

I have to laugh at how many husker fans re-write history to suit their narrative or to explain or make excuses for things.

I told you my argument in the prior post.. running off good talent, because it didn't fit Scott's system, buy-in, or whatever other narrative there is.. like one of the top wideouts in husker history, for whatever real reason, moves on.. it's just one thing after another, and you guys complain like poor Scott had no talent...

Scott ran it all off and hopefully replaced it with better talent.

Now, I don't know where all those guys landed... many probably missed their window because of the staff change, but you can't have it both ways where Riley is recruiting great and then 5 years later, we have no talent. I mean even you can follow simple logic right?

Were you on the board when Riley was "Killing It" with recruiting.. the board was so far up his ass, it wasn't even funny on how 'well' his recruiting was going. And now all of a sudden, the cup board was bare?

I have to laugh at how many husker fans re-write history to suit their narrative or to explain or make excuses for things.

I told you my argument in the prior post.. running off good talent, because it didn't fit Scott's system, buy-in, or whatever other narrative there is.. like one of the top wideouts in husker history, for whatever real reason, moves on.. it's just one thing after another, and you guys complain like poor Scott had no talent...

Scott ran it all off and hopefully replaced it with better talent.

Now, I don't know where all those guys landed... many probably missed their window because of the staff change, but you can't have it both ways where Riley is recruiting great and then 5 years later, we have no talent. I mean even you can follow simple logic right?
no wonder I'm confused. your argument is based on opinion and not fact. certainly you can discern between the two?

good players are good players because they play like it. not because a few dweeb writers and extremely biased fans say they're good based on measurements/high school highlight reels. maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen a lot of those in scarlet and cream for the last 2+ years.

I wasn't on the board then, and certainly don't maintain those views. I don't think we've had any talent here since the year before Bo was tossed out.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
That worked for UCF for a very short sample. I'm not sure anyone's scheme is that much better than everyone else's over the long haul. Nebraska should be recruiting at a higher level than UCF.

Some day I hope we get to their level. Our guys with 2 hands can't even get drafted and their guy with only 1 hand got drafted.

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT