ADVERTISEMENT

4-star portal WR here on Jan 5th with RB

I fully agree. There's a general role for each archetype receiver. The bigger guys are generally your playmakers. They can be physical when blocking in the run game and when going up to catch the ball. The medium sized guys are the guys you want to be reliable effort guys or possession type receivers. The smaller guys should either have excellent speed or route running ability to makeup for the physical limitations of their smaller stature. You want all types to have good hands and be able to reliably catch the ball. All I was getting at with my original post is we don't have a proven guy in the middle-sized archetype. We already have the other types covered, including a bigger receiver in Coleman. That's not to say Banks won't upgrade the WR room because he would.
We have no big bodies WRs. Coleman is skinny as a rail. He’s tall. But not a big, thick bodied WR. I hope he fills out. He’s got a ton of potential. But he’s tall. Not big bodied.

There's somewhere in between Kemp and 6'4. I said it was a minor nitpick because I don't really understand the staff’s obsession with size when there are plenty of good options out there that aren't 6'4. I guess people don't understand or comprehend the difference between a nitpick and a complaint, because I'm not complaining. Banks obviously upgrades the WR room and I guess that's as good as we can hope for right now.
I get that it’s a nitpick, it’s just the stupidest nitpick I’ve ever heard that TWO decent wide receivers over 6’4” is any kind of “unhealthy obsession”. The best WRs of all time are mostly between 6’2” and 6’4”. Maybe that’s why everyone is obsessed with size.

I just realized I should stop nitpicking on you. You’ve probably been told “size doesn’t matter” like hundreds of times by the same person.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
God even your “minor nitpicks” are just terribly awful takes. This would be an excellent pairing with Dylan especially in year one.

Coleman was raw coming in and we had no QBs to give him many chances, we have no idea if he’ll take this massive leap in year two to make the plays that Banks has been making for two seasons. We have not had a receiver or TE on the roster who has shown anything like this kid since Purify. He would be a huge get. Plain and simple.

We get Banks and Dowdell and I’m happy, let the two freshman gun it around and hand it off. With Tony White, I’m convinced he could plug in any walk-on if we have light depth at a spot like linebacker, and they would look great. LFGBR!
Quincy Enunwa and Stanley Morgan were big bodied targets we could go to on 3rd down and could also take the top off the defense

I get that it’s a nitpick, it’s just the stupidest nitpick I’ve ever heard that TWO decent wide receivers over 6’4” is any kind of “unhealthy obsession”. The best WRs of all time are mostly between 6’2” and 6’4”. Maybe that’s why everyone is obsessed with size.

I just realized I should stop nitpicking on you. You’ve probably been told “size doesn’t matter” like hundreds of times by the same person.
I don't disagree with the first part. But for all I know, the guy hasn't signed yet, so I think that allows me to be nitpicky. There's at least 50 other guys in the portal who would upgrade our receiver room as well.

Reactions: Landomatic
I don't disagree with the first part. But for all I know, the guy hasn't signed yet, so I think that allows me to be nitpicky. There's at least 50 other guys in the portal who would upgrade our receiver room as well.
So you want a 6'1 1/2" WR that is experienced and fast or just semi-fast?

FSU did pretty well with two giant WRs. One will go early in the draft. Wilson, I don’t quite know what he’s doing. Coleman hopefully ends up in Buffalo somehow

Reactions: king_kong_
So you want a 6'1 1/2" WR that is experienced and fast or just semi-fast?
And top 50 in the portal, sure, absolutely. If we got two receivers, I wouldn't have to be so nitpicky. It's actually the coaching staff who caused this conundrum by being nitpicky themselves in the first place.

FSU did pretty well with two giant WRs. One will go early in the draft. Wilson, I don’t quite know what he’s doing. Coleman hopefully ends up in Buffalo somehow
Coleman is recognized as one of the top receivers in the country. Don't think this guy is at that level.

Reactions: Landomatic
Coleman is recognized as one of the top receivers in the country. Don't think this guy is at that level.
Where? I like Coleman. This is not me bagging on him. He’s was a freshman and has tons of potential. But outside of his recruiting ranking, where is Coleman recognized as one of the top WRs in the country?

He wasn’t all American. He wasn’t all conference. He didn’t make any of the freshman teams. I’m confused.

Where? I like Coleman. This is not me bagging on him. He’s was a freshman and has tons of potential. But outside of his recruiting ranking, where is Coleman recognized as one of the top WRs in the country?

He wasn’t all American. He wasn’t all conference. He didn’t make any of the freshman teams. I’m confused.

Talking about Coleman from FSU, not our Coleman.

Who are you referring to?

He was clearly referring to you, but that's dumb. Because, although you can be overly negative and unnecessarily critical at times, at least you possess the ability to be objective. The blind homer, never say anything negative about our Huskers or you're a troll, sunshine pumpers around here can be exhausting. It's healthy to deal in reality from time-to-time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT