ADVERTISEMENT

4 Huskers invited to NFL combine

2 are underclassmen. Yep, NU was loaded with talent. Laughing

Good luck to Janovich, Collins, Lewis & Valentine.

Sounds about on par with earlier invitations from recent years.

3 invited in 2013
3 invited in 2014
3 invited in 2015 or 4 invited if you count Heard as well.

We did better in the earlier years 2007 (6 were invited), 2008 (5 were invited) 2009 (6 were invited), in 2010 (4 invited) , In 2011 ( 9 were invited) and in 2012 (3 were invited).

Last edited:
Very interesting, let's take a look at all B1G participants (at least at this point in time listed on nfl.com).

Illinois - 3
Indiana - 4
Iowa - 4
Maryland - 4
Michigan - 2
Mich St. - 7
Minnesota - 3
Nebraska - 4
N'western - 2
Ohio St. - 14
Penn St. - 5
Purdue - 1
Rutgers - 2
Wisconsin - 3

Looks like OhSU and MSU leading the way with potential pro's.

4 invites. One was a walk-on and one was a transfer.
18s12ioap8ctfjpg.jpg

Im so excited that Jano got the invitation. He's going to have some solid testing numbers to go along with really solid film. This additional opportunity is going to further his FA shots. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make an NFL roster in some capacity.

I wonder if 71 will spend the whole combine chirping and complaining to the coaches and scouts there that the workouts they are doing are not the same as the strength staff he had before?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I wonder if 71 will spend the whole combine chirping and complaining to the coaches and scouts there that the workouts they are doing are not the same as the strength staff he had before?

Maybe, but I'm sure he'll kill the yoga portion of the combine.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don't be shocked if Jano goes mid-to-late. True FBs are increasingly rare.

NFL.com has Jano as their #1 FB going into the draft but CBS & walterfootball.com have him way off the radar. It's all going to be about the combine for him and how teams believe he can contribute on special teams too.

We all know that Jano will go to the combine in amazing shape. Guy is a freak

NFL.com has Jano as their #1 FB going into the draft but CBS & walterfootball.com have him way off the radar. It's all going to be about the combine for him and how teams believe he can contribute on special teams too.

We all know that Jano will go to the combine in amazing shape. Guy is a freak
I suspect that NFL.com is more plugged in than the CBS delrods. Jano has had scouts watching him for quite a while and Riley has been in their ear about him. He is one of those guys that is just a great football player. Somebody could take him and make a linebacker out of him if they wanted and he would do well IMO.

Not sure, but I'm sure he'll jump early on the tests.

Reactions: timnsun
Jano is a heck of a special teams player and can contribute as full back and h back - late rounds seems possible and I think he should play for awhile for the right team (Seattle or Minnesota for example).

ADVERTISEMENT