ADVERTISEMENT

4 College Co-ordinators Now Make Over $2 Million

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Excerpt from Footballscoop: At $2.1 million, A&M's Mike Elko trails only LSU’s Dave Aranda ($2.5 million) and Clemson’s Brent Venables ($2.2 million); Auburn’s Kevin Steele made $2.05 million in 2018, according to USA Today. All four are defensive coordinators, as were the next four highest-paid assistants in 2018.

3 of the 4 obviously are in the $EC. Kevin Steele has done quite well for himself. Click the link for full article.

LINK

Mike Elko is the most grossly overpaid assistant in football. Programs aren't exactly beating down his door like Venables or Aranda. And he doesn't have a quarter of the resume as Kevin Steele.

Reactions: blackbones
Steele is a good coach. Enjoyed visiting with and learning from him when he was here. Good for him. Wish we could have had him longer.

Always thought someone would pick up Venables like K-State, with that kind of cash it looks like he comfortable being a D-coordinator...

Mike Elko is the most grossly overpaid assistant in football. Programs aren't exactly beating down his door like Venables or Aranda. And he doesn't have a quarter of the resume as Kevin Steele.
I agree. No idea how he made this much money. Has to be a bag man of some sorts. He's fielded one good defense in his whole career.

touted baseball prospect signs $7M contract in Japan rather than play D1/subject himself to MLB's minor-league and arbitration system.

very interesting. almost certainly guarantees more money and higher caliber competition than our beloved alternatives. just a matter of time before Vince McMahon or someone figures out a similarly attractive path for amateur football players, especially when they see coordinators raking this much cash.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/draft-prospect-carter-stewart-to-sign-with-japanese-team.html

Excerpt from Footballscoop: At $2.1 million, A&M's Mike Elko trails only LSU’s Dave Aranda ($2.5 million) and Clemson’s Brent Venables ($2.2 million); Auburn’s Kevin Steele made $2.05 million in 2018, according to USA Today. All four are defensive coordinators, as were the next four highest-paid assistants in 2018.

3 of the 4 obviously are in the $EC. Kevin Steele has done quite well for himself. Click the link for full article.

LINK
Kevin Steele did a great job with the linebacker crew while at Nebraska.

Is this even a big deal though? Look how much money these schools make off football now...it is insane. They basically need to spend it somewhere.

Kevin Steele also did a great job recruiting some guy named Tommie Frazier. Winking

225764.0.jpg

LINK

We don't have coordinators deserving of 5% market pay.

I hope they give Held stay money. Money given, as far as raises, can be a compliment to you and your importance, as well as raise your standard of living.

We don't have coordinators deserving of 5% market pay.

I hope they give Held stay money. Money given, as far as raises, can be a compliment to you and your importance, as well as raise your standard of living.
Too early to tell about the coordinators after only one season of play. IF the staff has a second season like they had at Central Florida I'm sure they'll get raises come January. BUT of course it will depend on if they earn it this Fall.

So far they ramped up the recruiting game a couple of notches.

Too early to tell about the coordinators after only one season of play. IF the staff has a second season like they had at Central Florida I'm sure they'll get raises come January. BUT of course it will depend on if they earn it this Fall.

So far they ramped up the recruiting game a couple of notches.

We won't have coordinators after this season worthy of million dollar annual pay. I'm not saying they're bad.

They will get pay raises next year. We will have a much better team this year.

That is such bad management.

So you would give them millions. The offense will largely be controlled by HCFrost. Would you give our OC, 7 figure after fielding a top 20 offense?

Would you give our DC a 7 figure salary if his defense attained a top 50 defense?

You pay to keep necessary people on your team because of their value. You don't pay to the market because of foolishness.

So you would give them millions. The offense will largely be controlled by HCFrost. Would you give our OC, 7 figure after fielding a top 20 offense?

Would you give our DC a 7 figure salary if his defense attained a top 50 defense?

You pay to keep necessary people on your team because of their value. You don't pay to the market because of foolishness.

No...you pay to make sure that your DC/OC only leave for HC coaching jobs.

Wouldn't pay him a million dollars BUT I'd definitely give Ryan Held a BIG boost in pay. He's just night and day better than Reggie.

ADVERTISEMENT