ADVERTISEMENT

4-8 Last Year

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
Why the high expectations? Losing in OT, on the road, to a team we lost to last year...is that unbelievable? I still think we win the west....and will be a big surprise by November...we have a ton of holes on this team but our skill players will grow a ton over the next month or so.

Reactions: c3o
Why the high expectations? Losing in OT, on the road, to a team we lost to last year...is that unbelievable? I still think we win the west....and will be a big surprise by November...we have a ton of holes on this team but our skill players will grow a ton over the next month or so.
Nebraska isn't going to beat Ohio State or Wisconsin.

I wish it were true but we at this point need to win against N Illinois and that is not a gimme. The coaches are doing their best the players are practicing and playing hard but we are just not very good, again.

Anything is possible but I think people need to keep their expectations very low this year. At this point I would be happy with a bowl game

I said 6ish wins and a bowl game. I'm not sure we get there honestly. We are so far away, especially on the line. We are way too f-cking arrogant for back-to-back 4-8 seasons.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I wish it were true but we at this point need to win against N Illinois and that is not a gimme. The coaches are doing their best the players are practicing and playing hard but we are just not very good, again.

Anything is possible but I think people need to keep their expectations very low this year. At this point I would be happy with a bowl game

We aren't too far from being pretty good. AM is so poor in the drop back passing game because he doesn't trust his receivers. You have to expect him to get more comfortable with Robinson and Noa and his most consistent WR Warner should be back...Cam is going to get better and better on the line and our run game will get better as our young RBs and Mills get more comfortable. THe moment he gets some rhythm and trust the whole offense will change. Our pace will pick up, we'll wear teams out again, the run game will open even more, and AMs scrambling ability will be even harder to contain. I can count less than 5 passes where AM threw in rhythm today... meaning guys have to be wide open or it is a desperation throw. Last year we had two go to receivers, and a senior RB who would gash you if you dropped 8...we just don't have that. Our defense is going to be much improved and there is some chance that Frost and staff will adapt and grow as they continue to learn how to coach. The reality is the Oregon way appears a bit outdated..as his master is struggling at UCLA as well. Frost is intelligent and dedicated, but he will likely have to redraw his offensive vision for the future. The great coaches are innovators...what is Frost's innovation going to be?

ADVERTISEMENT