ADVERTISEMENT

$4.00 NFL ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect people's right to protest. Just think they may want to find a different venue or symbol to use for their protest.

Reactions: davecisar
I am glad no one has forced the players to stop kneeling. Also love how people ITT have used their rights as Americans to not support a company they don’t agree with.

Isn’t freedom a great thing?!

Freedom is a great thing. I fully support a bunch of preening, pampered primadonnas doing so on their own time. They can take their overpaid, entitled, jet set little behinds either before the game or after the game and have at it.

In the meantime, i will go ahead and exercise my right to completely ignore them. By the way, want to see the sellout streak end? Just trot out a bunch of college kids doing the same thing and see how long that crap lasts here.

That's an interesting theory. Very in-depth.
The short answer is likely the reaction to the endless drivel coming from the political folks on why the NFL is crashing and burning. Let’s think about this - the NFL ratings are chugging along and then the anthem protests happen. This divides the country. Every bar, internet message group, workplace, etc is discussing the protests afterwards. Then the ratings start falling dramatically with many people publically saying they are done watching the NFL. How does the media report this? It’s an election year (like we have never had one of those), the teams all of a sudden suck (like that is something new), the millennial generation just isn’t into football (so they just quit watching overnight?), and so on...

So when folks still try to rationalize it as some other cosmic reason - most just blow it off, give a short “whatever” response, and move on while the justifiers continue with their head in the sand.

Well, I'm watching more NFL than I have in years. Enough to make up for you that keep complaining about the knee thing. I hate the NFL network though. Did have the Falcons/Saints game on Thursday. Watched it until I had to go to bed. Good game. Today, I have the Cowboys game on my TV and the Raiders game streaming over my computer. Life is good!

dBimJxV.jpg

Reactions: Melmc and HCSF18
Freedom is a great thing. I fully support a bunch of preening, pampered primadonnas doing so on their own time. They can take their overpaid, entitled, jet set little behinds either before the game or after the game and have at it.

In the meantime, i will go ahead and exercise my right to completely ignore them. By the way, want to see the sellout streak end? Just trot out a bunch of college kids doing the same thing and see how long that crap lasts here.

How many of you patriots face the flag, put your hand over your heart and play the national anthem before you begin your workday?

The short answer is likely the reaction to the endless drivel coming from the political folks on why the NFL is crashing and burning. Let’s think about this - the NFL ratings are chugging along and then the anthem protests happen. This divides the country. Every bar, internet message group, workplace, etc is discussing the protests afterwards. Then the ratings start falling dramatically with many people publically saying they are done watching the NFL. How does the media report this? It’s an election year (like we have never had one of those), the teams all of a sudden suck (like that is something new), the millennial generation just isn’t into football (so they just quit watching overnight?), and so on...

So when folks still try to rationalize it as some other cosmic reason - most just blow it off, give a short “whatever” response, and move on while the justifiers continue with their head in the sand.

I think there are three reasons for the dramatic decline in NFL viewership. Two are related.
First is the increasing awareness of CTE and the long term effects from even short term exposure to multiple head injuries.
Secondly is decreased middle school and high school participation in football, as well as other team sports.
Thirdly I think is the increased politicization that’s already been discussed ad nauseum
I think one and two are related. Have a few friends that played Division I football and a couple that are played in the pros. Almost to a man, they don’t let their kids play football anymore. This will trickle down into less and less interested in football.
I don’t think that when the “kneeling” controversy is over there is going to be a mass return of fans and viewers. The Kaepernick stuff just accelerated what had already begun

Reactions: saluno22
I think there are three reasons for the dramatic decline in NFL viewership. Two are related.
First is the increasing awareness of CTE and the long term effects from even short term exposure to multiple head injuries.
Secondly is decreased middle school and high school participation in football, as well as other team sports.
Thirdly I think is the increased politicization that’s already been discussed ad nauseum
I think one and two are related. Have a few friends that played Division I football and a couple that are played in the pros. Almost to a man, they don’t let their kids play football anymore. This will trickle down into less and less interested in football.
I don’t think that when the “kneeling” controversy is over there is going to be a mass return of fans and viewers. The Kaepernick stuff just accelerated what had already begun

I hadn't thought about the CTE implications, but I'm sure that has turned a lot of people off. Good point.

I've peeked in occasionally on the Jets and Broncos today - and it's made me happy that I didn't shell out $4 to attend.

They did last year. Remember two players took a knee and the next week three players took a knee. Since then the players do not come out of the locker room until after the National Anthem .
Yup, that was my point. Don't see them out there now, do you?

Petunias that whine "racist" when they lose their arguments are the problem, not the solution. We've called out a bunch of whiny babies because they feel the need to "protest" on everyone else's time. They've gotten called on it and the NFL has gotten called on it. Now their ratings are failing and people are bailing on ESPN and the NFL. Grow up. People that don't agree with you aren't "racist", they simply don't agree with you. Bigots like you that want to cause division are the problem.

The nfl players kneeling hurts attendance and viewership
That in turn hurts profits
In the end it will affect salaries

If I was an owner and my business was being hurt because my end customers were feeling disrespected or offended by the employees
I would protect my multi million dollar investment by firing the employees

Those players are being used by the far left as what they like to call "useful idiots"

I woul like to see the players match the 100 million donation from the owners
Nope much easier and cheaper to kneel

Reactions: huskerfan1414
If my work required it, me. If my work required it, I was the boss and you were kneeling, I would then fire you as well. And when I served, I faced the flag and respected it every day.

If your work required it you'd be living in Nazi Germany. My ancestors fought (and died) to rid the world of fascism. I served as well. No matter where I was on base, I'd turn towards the nearest flag and salute at taps.

If your work required it you'd be living in Nazi Germany. My ancestors fought (and died) to rid the world of fascism. I served as well. No matter where I was on base, I'd turn towards the nearest flag and salute at taps.
Work requires lots of things people don't like. Now, if the government made you do those things, I'd buy your argument. For example, burning the flag. I might hate it, but I'll support the right of anyone to do it. No one is twisting a bunch of millionaire arms to go out and take a knee. I get it if you are ok with it (whether or not you support it). More power to you. I feel disrespected to my very core every time I see it, so I chose not to support it. At least thanks for using a logical argument than screaming "racist" when someone disagrees with you.

The nfl players kneeling hurts attendance and viewership
That in turn hurts profits
In the end it will affect salaries

If I was an owner and my business was being hurt because my end customers were feeling disrespected or offended by the employees
I would protect my multi million dollar investment by firing the employees

Those players are being used by the far left as what they like to call "useful idiots"

I woul like to see the players match the 100 million donation from the owners
Nope much easier and cheaper to kneel
They doing it of their own accord. The owners can Individually enforce a no kneeling policy, most are not. What's hurting the nfl is a shitty product and people changing views on the sport. The nfl will be fine for a long time. Blaming anything on the far left shows how weak minded and easily controlled you are.

Their work doesn't require it of them so there goes your arguement. Protest isn't about the flag, there goes another argument. Most of you angry about the protest are just racists, and I don't give a **** if it bothers you when you get called out on it.
You are an angry person. I hope you treat people face to face better than you flex internet muscles

I'm not screaming racist I'm just pointing out that you are a racist.
Yah, we get it. You lost your argument, you resort to name calling. It is all you got. It is clear you couldn't argue your way out of a paper bag with a blow torch. Bigboxes gave his point of view, I gave mine. Clear enough this is going no where else. I've said what I've had to say on here.

Work requires lots of things people don't like. Now, if the government made you do those things, I'd buy your argument. For example, burning the flag. I might hate it, but I'll support the right of anyone to do it. No one is twisting a bunch of millionaire arms to go out and take a knee. I get it if you are ok with it (whether or not you support it). More power to you. I feel disrespected to my very core every time I see it, so I chose not to support it. At least thanks for using a logical argument than screaming "racist" when someone disagrees with you.

If you were a racist, I'd call you on it. I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I believe there is nothing more patriotic than protest. That includes flag saluting. There's nothing in the constitution requiring it and there shouldn't be. Same with oaths. Being in the military required something different for the tasks on hand. That was to insure the people's rights under the constitution. At least, that was what I was serving for.

Reactions: Melmc
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT