ADVERTISEMENT

3rd win last year was...

As expected, not getting the first game canceled and not having your starting QB injured on a dirty play is leading to a slightly better W/L record. While this was not a good performance at all, still winning it is a skill that teams have to learn too.

Losing the first game last year to weather hurt but overall schedule was harder, too. Nice to get to three wins sooner than last year, but unless we show a lot more going forward, even 6-6 may be tough.

Losing the first game last year to weather hurt but overall schedule was harder, too. Nice to get to three wins sooner than last year, but unless we show a lot more going forward, even 6-6 may be tough.

I'm willing to bet it will be better than 6-6. The defense is holding their own and the offense is developing every week. Think about how far Wandale has come in 4 games. The line is getting better. We're going to be fine.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
While we could of won Colorado game loss doesn’t look nearly as bad when they go beat Arizona St. 6 wins would be a lil disappointing 7 or over be great foundation to the future.

I was actually overall pleased with their performance. Martinez played poorly in the first half, but was back to himself in the second. They didn’t give up and didn’t ever seem panicked. Without the 4 turnovers this is an absolute blowout. Gotta find a kicker. We will struggle against Ohio St., Wiscy, and unfortunately maybe Iowa, but all other games are winnable.

Reactions: saluno22
They are what they are: A promising young team that hasn't arrived yet.

Gameday gives us every excuse to come prepared. These guys might not be world beaters, but if you can't get focused this week, then you can't get focused this season.

My concern would be our OL gets boat-raced and our DL looks like a sieve. These are the core, fundamental issues that have kept Nebraska out of pretty much any competitive game against a Top 10 opponent for the last 20 years. If we can AT LEAST compete up-front, maybe Nebraska can compete overall.

Those picking the IL game apart aren't seeing the big picture here. Bill Parcells said it best, a team is built from the inside out.

ADVERTISEMENT