ADVERTISEMENT

38 Boss

Man, did they borrow #30 from us? That looks like Pelini/Diaco technique all the way! Step one, run into the blocker, step two, lose the collision.

Reactions: timnsun
This thread makes me so sad. I truly believe people do not understand the key of the glory years. North/South football. Everyone just says "option" when they hear the 90s. Give me a Wisconsin offense with a mobile qb and we will be nasty again

We can win like this, way too old school, need to get with the times, Wisconsin never competes for anything, just ask our fans.

Is what he did even legal? I mean, they've gotta be cheating to be that effective, right?

I immediately thought of this Semi-Pro scene...

"Yeah, I don't know why, Dick, but... I just got an erection."

I would love to evolve to a Wisconsin type offense - I do wonder, however, that given the current state of the offensive line, would that allow for a rapid improvement.

It is my understanding that one of the advantages that these spread type offenses have is that it allows for a potentially prolific offense in the absence of a above average offensive line. The ball is out of the QBs hand very quickly negating the need for prolonged pass protection. The run game is based on spreading the defense out and running between wide gaps with quick hitters.
The offensive line doesn't necessarily need to move people off the ball.

If you can't run between the tackles - your run game becomes bubble screens, WR screens etc. Basically what Ark St did to us.

I am not necessarily advocating for this approach just wondering what type of offense has the potential to be most effective if your offensive line talent is limited. I am becoming increasingly convinced that pro-style offenses work great as long as you have pro-level talent particularly along the offensive line.

Reactions: saluno22
I would love to evolve to a Wisconsin type offense - I do wonder, however, that given the current state of the offensive line, would that allow for a rapid improvement.

It is my understanding that one of the advantages that these spread type offenses have is that it allows for a potentially prolific offense in the absence of a above average offensive line. The ball is out of the QBs hand very quickly negating the need for prolonged pass protection. The run game is based on spreading the defense out and running between wide gaps with quick hitters.
The offensive line doesn't necessarily need to move people off the ball.

If you can't run between the tackles - your run game becomes bubble screens, WR screens etc. Basically what Ark St did to us.

I am not necessarily advocating for this approach just wondering what type of offense has the potential to be most effective if your offensive line talent is limited. I am becoming increasingly convinced that pro-style offenses work great as long as you have pro-level talent particularly along the offensive line.
100% agree with this post.

Given our current personnel, if we were to transition to a power running-style offense, it will take patience. And that patience clock for some people started about 14 years ago.

if you want to see the opposite of this look at game film of a certain Nebraska center getting pushed back 8 yds on running plays. Heck, if you teach him to snap the ball and lung at the shins of the defense you will do a better job even if you dont get him it might trip him or make him jump. I dont blame the center I blame the O-line coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT