ADVERTISEMENT

>37 points this weekend?

Do we top 37 points on offense and come away with a curb-stomping performance?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 68 66.7%
  • Moral victories are OK

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
True, but we really needs a "tone-setting" game to prove to themselves that we are woke. Jeez I hate that term.
I said last week was an important game because I felt it could set the tone for how the rest of the year would go. This game could be the nail in the coffin. We lose this it could be a very tough hole to dig out of.

Reactions: Huskred01
I think we are still playing in the sandbox of delusion and denial if we think we are a good team who has just had a couple of bad games and is just waiting to showcase its “real” abilities.

We are not a solid football team right now. I don’t think we score more than 31 points.

I don't know. I predicted a tough loss last week. I think there is more talent and fire on his team. I'm feeling like an offensive explosion may be forthcoming this weekend. Just a hunch..

I'm done with predictions. If it were for "fun", that would be one thing. But for every prediction around there is a 2-day argument that follows, with a corresponding "I told you so!" post a week later. Who the F knows what will happen on Saturday? I'm gonna eat and drink something good and watch the game, that's what I know.

I'm done with predictions. If it were for "fun", that would be one thing. But for every prediction around there is a 2-day argument that follows, with a corresponding "I told you so!" post a week later. Who the F knows what will happen on Saturday? I'm gonna eat and drink something good and watch the game, that's what I know.

No worries. If I'm wrong, I'll have to drink crow. Old Crow that is.

They put a scare in a good Utah team last week, we need to bring it Saturday.

Yeah... not really. This is a fallacy.

From the 7 minute point of the 2nd quarter until the final whistle, NIU had 31 plays for 106 yards.

Utah outscored them 21-3 from that moment on and then proceeded to run the ball up the gut on 11 of their last 12 plays in the 4th quarter. The Utes could've added another touchdown in the 4th, but their coach showed some class.

Does Nebraska need to bring it? Absolutely. NIU has a good defense and they will definitely take every turnover and dumb penalty Nebraska wants to throw their way.

But NIU's offense is a mess right now.

They are running for less than 2 yards per carry, and they're 5 of 30 on Third down conversions in 2019. :eek:

I posted yes. But NIU isn’t a team to take lightly...similar to Troy. To many teams have found out the hard way you can’t just walk in and push those two teams around. Plus side here is, our Huskers know NIU isn’t a push over, cupcake team. This being an actual night game (6-7 pm) game in Lincoln...this will only help our Huskers. We seem to always play some great football during night games. If Frost has Martinez work Maurice Washington, JD Spielman and Wan’dale Robinson most of the game, our Huskers will win easy...NIU will have trouble stopping those 3. Let’s see what type of game plan we have for NIU come Saturday. GBR

From the 7 minute point of the 2nd quarter until the final whistle, NIU had 31 plays for 106 yards.

Utah outscored them 21-3 from that moment on and then proceeded to run the ball up the gut on 11 of their last 12 plays in the 4th quarter. The Utes could've added another touchdown in the 4th, but their coach showed some class.

Does Nebraska need to bring it? Absolutely. NIU has a good defense and they will definitely take every turnover and dumb penalty Nebraska wants to throw their way.

They are running for less than 2 yards per carry, and they're 5 of 30 on Third down conversions in 2019. :eek:
I like your analysis. But what is your larger point? That NIU isn’t very good so we should expect a win on Saturday? Or is it just that we shouldn’t exaggerate how good they are? I think you mean the latter. But if it is also implying the former I just have to say that I am way beyond “expecting” a win for any of our games anymore. I am done with the optimism stuff. Nor am I pessimistic. I just don’t f$cking know what to expect anymore. At this point I am just a fan who supports the team and will sit back and watch what happens without bringing any expectations.

I posted yes. But NIU isn’t a team to take lightly...similar to Troy. To many teams have found out the hard way you can’t just walk in and push those two teams around. Plus side here is, our Huskers know NIU isn’t a push over, cupcake team. This being an actual night game (6-7 pm) game in Lincoln...this will only help our Huskers. We seem to always play some great football during night games. If Frost has Martinez work Maurice Washington, JD Spielman and Wan’dale Robinson most of the game, our Huskers will win easy...NIU will have trouble stopping those 3. Let’s see what type of game plan we have for NIU come Saturday. GBR
This. Nebraska hasn’t truly “dominated” anyone for a long time. So I take no game as a gimme anymore.

I like your analysis. But what is your larger point? That NIU isn’t very good so we should expect a win on Saturday? Or is it just that we shouldn’t exaggerate how good they are? I think you mean the latter. But if it is also implying the former I just have to say that I am way beyond “expecting” a win for any of our games anymore. I am done with the optimism stuff. Nor am I pessimistic. I just don’t f$cking know what to expect anymore. At this point I am just a fan who supports the team and will sit back and watch what happens without bringing any expectations.

This years team, being as young and talented as they are...it’s hard to know what to expect from them. We could make some errors or we could make some 50-80 yard explosive plays. We play like we have a bi polar disorder...lol. Extreme highs and extreme lows.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

No my point was solely about the Utah matchup with NIU. It wasn't really a dog fight.

That used to be us, softening up the competition for others. Sigh...
If you practice as you play, then this program has been a finesse program for 15 years and running now. I remember a Big Ten Network commentator stating that he thought Nebraska practiced full contact the same or less than every other team in the conference. That was a few years ago, but I've seen nothing to prove anything has changed. Seems like its an adjustment every year for these kids once the season starts.

You're not going to make me feel better about the game this week. I fell for it last week. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, well can't get fooled again.

I think we are still playing in the sandbox of delusion and denial if we think we are a good team who has just had a couple of bad games and is just waiting to showcase its “real” abilities.

We are not a solid football team right now. I don’t think we score more than 31 points.
Agreed. Oline is shaky and honestly we don't have any difference makers at wr.....yet. Nobody has stepped up to be that go to guy and can win battles at clutch time.

After your matchup and game prediction last week, I might be hiding under a rock somewhere..:p

That sounds pretty close to us. We'll see.....

Yes, lets hope. Lets also hope Jergens, Rimington ups. GO HUSKERS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can you feel the excitement?????????????!!!

Do we score more than 37? Maybe. Do we come away with a curb-stomping performance? I wouldn't bet a Happy Meal on that. This poll is a bit loaded.

You outta Kool-Aid bruh? Drink more!

We're playing a directional school and we're woke.

Well, we played a directional school in week one. But, what does "woke" mean? I mean, most teams are awake when they play the game. I can't really vouch for Jake Cotton, but for the most part teams are awake.

Reactions: Sinomatic
If we don't start scoring 70+ from here on out, I will be very disappointed.. we need to keep pace with Maryland!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT