ADVERTISEMENT

36 days : Best #36 in Husker history

rrthusker

Administrator
Jul 24, 2001
Several good choices but for me it is Larry Wacholtz. All American, 7 interceptions his senior year,kicked field goals and extra points and was a really good return man. Guy did it all.

IB and 10-year NFL Veteran Correll Buckhalter

Honorable Mention...
- Safety-turned-LB Mathew May. He was Bo Pelini's emergency LB toward the end of 2008 and helped transform the defense.
- 2016 Spring Game Hero S Reid Karel intercepted Patrick O'Brien on the game's final play for the win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redblood23
Larry Wachholtz for me. Once read an article suggesting that NU only really wanted one of his North Platte teammates, but the HS coach convinced them that despite his size, Wachholtz could play for the Huskers.

So he was kind of like a Danny Woodhead prequel.

Several good choices but for me it is Larry Wacholtz. All American, 7 interceptions his senior year,kicked field goals and extra points and was a really good return man. Guy did it all.
He's my choice too, along with Dana Stephenson. I'm surprised neither one of them played professionally. They were terrific in college. I think Stephenson might have been slowed by a knee problem and his personal issues.

Reactions: rrthusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT