ADVERTISEMENT

35 Consecutive Bowl streak

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Is coming to an end if Florida State beats Louisiana Monroe Saturday.Right now we are tied with FSU at 35.

Besides the sell out streak this is the last streak we had owned over all these years.

Solich broke the consecutive winning streak back in 2002 by going 7-7.

Callahan broke the non losing streak and bowl streak in 2004.

Thought I would pass this along since it's my 25,000 post.

Last edited:
Is coming to an end if Florida State beats Louisiana Monroe Saturday.Right now we are tied with FSU at 35.

Besides the sell out streak this is the last streak we had owned over all these years.

Solich broke the consecutive winning streak back in 2002 by going 7-7.

Callahan broke the non losing streak and bowl streak in 2004.

Thought I would pass this along since it's my 25,000 post.

I’ve been hoping for about 20 years that FSU would get hit with probation and a bowl ban to end their streak. Didn’t happen.

Reactions: saluno22
Fitting. This years’ team does not deserve to even whiff a bowl game. Start a new bowl streak next year and the sellout streak will remain intact for a long long time.

Nebraska's streak began in 1969, when there were 10 major college bowl games. (I'm not counting the Pasadena Bowl between San Diego State and Boston University because those teams weren't major colleges in that era.)

FSU's streak began in 1982, when there were 16 bowl games.

Had there been 16 (or 39, as there are today) bowl games in 1967 and 1968, we might be talking about Nebraska's string of 42 consecutive bowls. There were just eight major college bowl games in 1967-68, and if you weren't a top 10 team, you had to be an SEC team so you could draw fans to the entirely Southern bowl structure. NU's 6-4 teams were decent, but not of that ilk on either count.

FSU's streak was continued:
  • in 1983 despite a 6-5 regular season,
  • in 1986 despite a 6-4-1 regular season,
  • in 2001 despite a 7-4 regular season,
  • in 2006 despite a 6-6 regular season,
  • in 2007 despite a 7-5 regular season,
  • in 2009 despite a 6-6 regular season, and
  • in 2017 despite a projected 6-6 regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Damn, scarlet.....25k?!?! I have a long ways to go to catch up. :Cool:

Great contributor to the board. I look forward to the next 25k.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT